Preziosa 28 October from Naples

spirit8

Hi

OK maybe on roll so

Checking went smooth. Cabb driver left me in wrong place at port but after I found a MSC staff it was fine. Within 1/2 hour person found YC staff and I was in YC at concierge. She explained how things worked and bags and me went to cabin and I unpaked, sat on balcony and then went back to concierge to work on spa appointments, tours and internet"

Concierge seems to rotate so you get to meet quite a few folks. He knew my name by the time I came back. Spa appointments were exactly what I wanted.

Tours was not a sales pitch without my needs being met. After talking with concierge I decided to take only Barcelona shore excursion. Prices seemed reasonable but I have long distance walking problems. In Tunis he recommended their car and driver 450 Euros or taxi tour. Drivers speak very good English! government regulates prices and it is 80. Euros. Otherwise he said there are shops, Hammam and things to do in specially built port. Terminal.

We are just coming into La Goulette and I will make decision after I get off. It looks like most tours start at 8 am.

Internet - I butler suggested 1 hr and practice and then 480 minutes for 59 euros. If you have not used satellite it is a lesson in patience and weather.

Not the worse I have used nor the most expensive.

Folks seem to be Italian, French, Spanish, German and Dutch. There are quite a few Brazilians including staff and they are on their way home and very excited. Americans, British, and Australian are quite a few and there are many others. Just came back from spa. There was a woman very loud (yelling) at staff and then two different. Staff handled themselves appropriately but the thought came up for me of 'ugly American' and I was embarrassed.

Ship Very large. There are plenty of quiet places to go but pool and buffet seem a little crowded. On the tv there are 3 different views if you want to look before going.

YC - As I said well worth the money. I am in cabin 16032 thanks to The boards. It has soft hues which are relaxing. Cabin and deck are larger than some of the others. Butler speaks English and has let me know on several that staff is here to please and they certainly are. If you leave YC a butler will accompany you - don't worry if you don't worry, no problem. I have trouble with a leg and back and require wheel chair for long distance walking or I need to make other arrangements. Before I left I checked with agent. MSC will not give you a wheelchair but the butler takes me anywhere I want to go. That's true. Today when I got back to ship they called for a wheelchair and a regular person came. I told him I was in YC and he got assistant butler. Maybe that is true out of YC also. Beds very comfortable and pillow collection nice

Now about the food. YC room service has been tasty. 1st night had pizza delivery. Many choices and just as good as Naples. Tues. had breakfast in room. Ate in La Palmei for lunch. Good choices, right temperature. Have I gotten cold food - no. Snacks and canaries wonderful choices and yesterday some of the best gazpacho. Took some lunch back to room and had it for dinner.Lunch again was good but I will say that I did not like. It was hot and looked good but I did not like spices. Not because something was wrong but that I did not like flavor.

Spa yesterday I spent 9-13 and had 5 treatments. Package before is way to go but I added accupuncture and something called MYA. It focuses on lymph drainage and is interestenly good. Somehow it also works for treatments.

I added hot stone massage special today for 45 euros and have treatments lined up for rest of weeks.

Thanks for you daily updates, very nice to see that you are having a great time onboard :)

We were in YC on the Preziosa in September and had also the one on the big YC1 suites. The bigger YC1 cabins are lovely and highly recommended. We had a fantastic cruise, our fourth time in Yacht Club.

Enjoy the ship, food and the great service from the staff and crew in YC.

Happy cruising :)

Today is sea day and planned to get look at rest of ship and be in spa in the afternoon. In dining room the One Pool is right outside window. Yesterday not so warm but many swimming. Many families with babies to teenagers. Did not see problems with kids, actually nice to see the families enjoying themselves.

More later

Today is sea day and planned to get look at rest of ship and be in spa in the afternoon. In dining room the One Pool is right outside window. Yesterday not so warm but many swimming. Many families with babies to teenagers. Did not see problems with kids, actually nice to see the families enjoying themselves.

More later

One small correction, the One Pool is not outside the Yacht Club dining room. That is the infinity aft pool. The One Pool is at the One Pool Deck which is reserved for Yacht Club guests:)

Enjoy your day at sea.

Hello all

Yesterday was sea day. It was my day to see ship. While it is big it is well thought out with wide corridors and in the shops things seem not to be as close to each other and good choices. didn't feel I had to buy, staff helpful and boy, no inch of gold.

Excursions are curved out and not in walking space and was not crowded with a good deal of staff if you needed help.

At no time did any of the areas seem crowded. There was a steady amount of folks going around the ship for it was not crowded. Heard many English speakers and I finally found the cannolilis. The folks at the table next were also from California, first MSC and having a good time. Pasteries were .80 to 1.10 and a nice variety. The gelaria really looked bountiful.

activities are not the same. I have not heard one announcement in cabin. Offerings have been something each hour and the traditional bingo is there.

It is not, at least to me, too much and so I could see how folks might think nothing being offered. Paattern is laid back and not rushed.

Captain's cocktail party in TopSaail I did not make nor Gala night. lunch seems to be my main meal and while I looked yesterday at food in the ship did not eat. It is crowded into e front and no so much in back. there are many choices and different stations. One seems better able to find table towards back but if I had wanted to there was a table available. La Palmerie works for me. They have a daily menu that changed along with some things that don't change.

Then it was off to spa for some treatments. Having the Bali style and no pressure sales are worth it. Seas were a little rough yesterday and while folks swam it was raining and winds by late afternoon. Ship no problem nor did folks appear to have problems.

Barcelona is today and I have shopping tour booked. Have been to Barcelona before.

Yesterday was Marseille. It seems we have hit holidays - Barcelona, Marseille and today Genoa. Barcelona I took ship tour. Guide did presentation in French and then English. She was very good and no problems. I brought food in so again did not try Marseille. People boarded from around 10:30 and people had left around 8:30.

Yesterday Was Marseille and I took shuttle. Marseille has grown and while the ship docks way out for you walkers you can go about halfway waking get port bus to entrance to port and then take city bus to old city. I had lunch at the eatery yesterday and it was good. Their pesto pasta was one of the best.

Today was Genoa. I did a taxi tour. It was 50 Euros. He spoke Very good English and was also a very good tour guide. It seems any taxis offer tours and the one to. portofino was 3 hrs. And 130 euros. 2 hours back and forth driving and 1 hr there. drivers don't seem to drive as fast and Genoa is a beautiful city built at 3 heights.

many people got on and I stayed to observe. It seemed to go pretty and the drill was announced and I heard in cabin. Language was English, Italian, French, German, Spanish and Portegese.

I ate at Maya buffet. The food was tasty, many choices, all were hot, one suggestion was turkey kabobs could have been cooked less. No one knew I was YC. Got help getting plate to table. dirty dishes taken away promptly. Food continually replenished fresh. While there were many people I sat back by children's station but I didn't see anyone waiting.

Yesterday Was Marseille and I took shuttle. Marseille has grown and while the ship docks way out for you walkers you can go about halfway waking get port bus to entrance to port and then take city bus to old city. I had lunch at the eatery yesterday and it was good. Their pesto pasta was one of the best.

Hi, any info on where to catch the port shuttle bus (after disembarkation), is it near the MSC organised shuttle bus pick up point? Thanks