Advice for Cruise ending with Overnight in Venice

MiaS13

For a cruise ending with an overnight in Venice, I've been studying the options in order to maximize the time available to sight-see. I've scoured and searched through the forums and the consensus seems to be that the gangways are open continuously throughout the night, so that passengers may self disembark anytime they please once the ship is docked.

Is that true to the point where I'd be able to get off the ship before sunrise and then come back aboard before officially disembarking on the last day?

I have the option to take a very late flight out (10pm) on the last day… Is there any benefit to this - anyone know of anywhere to stow your luggage while sight-seeing, after disembarking?

I've never tried to leave the ship for a few hours on the morning of debarkation. I know that when a ship overnights you can come and go as you please but I would have to imagine that on the last day of the cruise they are more restrictive of passengers comings and goings. I would have to imagine that at some point they do not allow passengers to reboard the ship.

I'm not sure if makkblin is referring to the final day of the cruise, if so then perhaps this is OK. Definitely check on board as well.

As far as luggage storage, this link http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-left-luggage.htm has some good ideas.

Archived