Best Family Beach

cakerbakermom

We are parents and two kids (7,9) going to St Kitts very soon. We are looking for the perfect paradise (aka Half Moon Cay, Carnival's private island) but I'm sure we won't find that. Nice clean, big beach, safe - ....inexpensive food options, places for kids to play, calm waters edge, RESTROOMS!, etc. Chairs/umbrellas a bonus. Does anyone have a suggestion?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I know its not many beaches with facilities there...

We had a good time visiting S. Friar beach as part of Royston tour, beach is very nice, you can rent chairs and umbrellas , some monkeys nearby for your kids- it could be what you are looking for

We went to Cockleshell beach when we visited St. Kitt's this past May. I don't know how it compares to some of the other beaches, but there is a beach bar/grill (Reggae Beach Bar) w/food & drinks available for purchase and there are restrooms there. There are also several areas right around it where you can rent loungers w/umbrellas. I think we either payed $5 or $7 per chair. In all honesty, Cockleshell beach is not the paradise that HMC is, but it is very scenic in it's own way. The sand is a little darker due to some of the black sand mixed in. There are also LOTS of shells (your kids may enjoy collecting them - I sure did) and areas of seaweed on the beach but they do keep them raked up in areas where loungers are available for rent but your kids may enjoy collecting them. It's on the southern side of St. Kitts and the water was very calm. There can be very scenic views of St. Kitts' sister island, Nevis. It was very overcast/rainy the day we were there but we were still able to see Nevis. The beach itself is wide. If you're interested in seeing the pictures I have of Cockleshell beach, I did a review of our whole trip and the link to it is in my signature. Pictures of Cockleshell beach are all on page 14 of the review. Hope this helps.