Labadee in January, 2014

familycruiser01

My DBF and I are heading out on the FOS in January, 2014. I am not booking any excursions on Labadee. My BF is not much of a "sun worshipper" and he absolutely WILL NOT do the zipline or dragon coaster. So....is there enough there for us to do if I don't book anything? I haven't been to Labadee since 2008 and I think it's changed a whole lot. This is my DBF's first cruise so I want him to enjoy himself. Feedback anyone??

It's a beach day...no need to book anything! There are several beaches...loungers galore, trees/shade or sun...a BBQ lunch is served....bring a book...read, nap....whatever strikes your fancy....if you don't want to stay all day, you don't have to! The ship is up and running! The pool will be virtually empty, so it's a great day to hang out on the ship.

I would go and see what's up...and if he's not into it...go back to the ship and the AC and have a lovely day on the ship!

Edited by cb at sea

I think there is plenty of other things to do. We enjoy just walking around and exploring. Dragons Rock is pretty cool. There is sand volleyball. Plenty of hammocks. The buffet, (it's been good and bad on our visits). It's a good place to do some snorkeling as well. Not a lot to see, but a good place to try it if you haven't before or it's been a while.

We'll be there in January too, we are on the Jan. 19th sailing!

My DBF and I are heading out on the FOS in January, 2014. I am not booking any excursions on Labadee. My BF is not much of a "sun worshipper" and he absolutely WILL NOT do the zipline or dragon coaster. So....is there enough there for us to do if I don't book anything? I haven't been to Labadee since 2008 and I think it's changed a whole lot. This is my DBF's first cruise so I want him to enjoy himself. Feedback anyone??

THANK YOU for posting this. I am in a similar situation, but going on Freedom in October 2014. Sorry I can't be of more help :)