Help for morning of cruise FLL

barbeaujo

I just have to say, the more i "clic" on things on this website, the more i am amaze. You really can find so much helpful information. Thanks to whoever taught of doing this site. I am eternally grateful :D

My question : I will have 8 of my best salesperson at work coming to Port Everglade for a cruise in January. They will have spouses, making it a total of 16 people. Their flights lands at 7h am.

Any idea where i could take them to have a nice long breakfast, that wouldn't cost to much of transportation between airport/restaurant/port .

My first thought if you want something a little more upscale would be to try one of the nicer hotels that have a shuttle from the airport (you'd probably have to go in shifts, that's a lot of people). They might even be able to set you up in a private area, if that's what you'd prefer.

Moving that many people anywhere is going to cost several taxis. Just me, but I wouldn't use the hotel shuttle to the port then, that should be reserved for those that spent the night.

Are they flying in the same morning as the cruise or will they spend the night pre-cruise?

Flying in the same morning as the cruise is advised against, especially in January. If they're staying one night pre-cruise then I would suggest either the Homewood Suites or Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road. They're owned by the same corporation, are located next door to each other and they have shuttle buses that can easily handle that many people in one trip. If the flights are on time and it doesn't take too long for their luggage, they might be able to make it for breakfast at the hotels. Homewood Suites has a pretty nice hot breakfast.

Sounded to me like they were arriving "day of".

The breakfasts at Homewood Suites type places are complimentary for overnight guests, it would not be right to just take the shuttle there in the morning and eat (but I don't think that's what you meant).

I was thinking more along the lines of paying for a breakfast at a nice hotel restaurant.

My first thought if you want something a little more upscale would be to try one of the nicer hotels that have a shuttle from the airport (you'd probably have to go in shifts, that's a lot of people). They might even be able to set you up in a private area, if that's what you'd prefer.

Moving that many people anywhere is going to cost several taxis. Just me, but I wouldn't use the hotel shuttle to the port then, that should be reserved for those that spent the night.

Do you have any hotel name in minds ? I really dont mind reserving in advance a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the port. We have worked with fort lauderdale shuttle in the past and it was very cost effective. Would just like something not too far. They will have left home the night prior at around 9h pm, with a red eye flight, i dont want them to have to do a 25 minutes shuttle ride to go have breakfast, and then another long ride to the port.

Sounded to me like they were arriving "day of".

The breakfasts at Homewood Suites type places are complimentary for overnight guests, it would not be right to just take the shuttle there in the morning and eat (but I don't think that's what you meant).

I was thinking more along the lines of paying for a breakfast at a nice hotel restaurant.

Note the qualifier in my post: If they're staying one night pre-cruise...

I'm sure the folks at Homewood Suites won't mind the group getting an extra breakfast in return for booking 8-10 rooms.

Are they flying in the same morning as the cruise or will they spend the night pre-cruise?

Flying in the same morning as the cruise is advised against, especially in January. If they're staying one night pre-cruise then I would suggest either the Homewood Suites or Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road. They're owned by the same corporation, are located next door to each other and they have shuttle buses that can easily handle that many people in one trip. If the flights are on time and it doesn't take too long for their luggage, they might be able to make it for breakfast at the hotels. Homewood Suites has a pretty nice hot breakfast.

I will book the ticket tomorrow or Wednesday but i taught to have them take an overnight flight. That would give them about 10 hours of " possible " delay if something happen. Maybe i should have them come over the night before then, spend the night in a hotel with shuttle & breakfast included ... hummm . It makes sense and would probably cost about the same thing ... Thanks for your taught :D

I will book the ticket tomorrow or Wednesday but i taught to have them take an overnight flight. That would give them about 10 hours of " possible " delay if something happen. Maybe i should have them come over the night before then, spend the night in a hotel with shuttle & breakfast included ... hummm . It makes sense and would probably cost about the same thing ... Thanks for your taught :D

If you are located in the US, I would call the Homewood Suites and ask for the Sales Department. Usually, 10 rooms is the breaking point for a group, but it sounds like you are close enough to that they would work to earn your business. Through the Sales Department you could reserve the rooms, arrange for the pickup at the airport and agree to allow them to have breakfast if they arrive early enough in the morning.

I know what you meant...I didn't want the OP to misinterpret.

I also would never arrive same-day, too much stress if something happens to your flight, especially in January if they are coming from a snow city.

We usually stay at the Sheraton, and we have their breakfast, and it's always been fine in the lobby off the restaurant. They may even have a small private room for your party.

But if you do fly them in the night before, then a hotel that includes breakfast is a great idea.

It sounds like that 7am is the same day they are supposed to board the ship to cruise. That isn't really 10 hours of time extra, it is at most 6, and possibly less. Boarding will begin about 11am, and all aboard is usually 3pm or so.

If there is a delay, there might be serious trouble catching the cruise.

I highly recommend that they fly in the day before, allowing a bit extra time in case of problem.

Thank you so much everyone !

I took your advise. I changed our plan. They will fly in the night before the cruise, they should be in Florida for 6h pm, with a direct flight.

Booked rooms at the Homewood suites, with breakfast included the next morning.

Shuttle is reserved. :cool: I fell on top of my game now ... :D

Thank you so much everyone !

I took your advise. I changed our plan. They will fly in the night before the cruise, they should be in Florida for 6h pm, with a direct flight.

Booked rooms at the Homewood suites, with breakfast included the next morning.

Shuttle is reserved. :cool: I fell on top of my game now ... :D

Homewood Suites also includes a limited evening dinner (usually a couple of simple hot items and small salad bar) with beer, wine, lemonade, teas, coffee and hot chocolate Monday-Thursday from 5:30-7:30.

The Rustic Inn Crabhouse is about 1/3 of a mile from the hotel as well as a tradition steak house, Tropical Acres. The shuttle will also take your group to nearby Oakwood Plaza Mall where there are other restaurants as well as a K-Mart where they can buy bottled water and even a decent selection of popular wines.

You've made a good choice for your group and they're going to love their spacious suites and nice pool deck.

Homewood Suites also includes a limited evening dinner (usually a couple of simple hot items and small salad bar) with beer, wine, lemonade, teas, coffee and hot chocolate Monday-Thursday from 5:30-7:30.

The Rustic Inn Crabhouse is about 1/3 of a mile from the hotel quote]

A dinner at the www.rusticinn.com would be a wonderful way to start what sounds like a well deserved trip for your top producers! We ate there last Nov and it is very good eatin!