First cruise on Reflection

Plasticman

We are doing the TA on the Reflection in April of 2014. In 2012 we did a TA on the Emerald Princess. One thing that we enjoyed aboard the Emerald was the International Cafe. This was an area in the main Piazza that had small salads, sandwiches, pastries, available all day. Does anything like this exist on the Reflection?

In my opinion, not really. I really like the International Cafe. The Aqua Cafe up at the adults pool is ok, but honestly I went once and probably will not go back.

Things I like better about Celebrity...

Their drink packages

I like the Tuscan Grill and Murano better then Sabitini's and the Crown Grill.

I like the Cirque style show

Masque was really fun.

There is a place that you can sit inside and see out the front of the ship. It's a bar and not always open...

Things I miss from Princess

I miss the MDR lunches on embarkation and port days.

I miss the International Cafe

I miss the free internet minutes

I think both cruise lines are great and will continue to cruise both.

Although not on the scale of Princess' IC, there is Cafe al Bacio (the specialty coffee venue) which features pastries/donuts in the AM, and small sandwiches and desserts at lunch, back to sweets (cookies, cakes, tarts) later in the day. Coffee is for fee; pastries, sweets and sandwiches are complimentary.

Platinum Princess cruiser here.

Haven't booked a cruise with them in years. Have FCC that I might have to refund.

Their fares aren't what they use to be.

I like Celebrity's adult drink package and service.

Do prefer Princess's entertainment.

Looking forward to my Reflection cruise in April as well.

Celebrity does not have anything, in my opinion, comparable to the International Café. Their Café Al Bacio has sweets at no costs, but we were told on the Silhouette that they no longer have the sandwiches. We also feel the desserts overall are better on Princess. We are cruising again on Celebrity because in spite of these factors, we still had a good cruise.

We are doing the TA on the Reflection in April of 2014. In 2012 we did a TA on the Emerald Princess. One thing that we enjoyed aboard the Emerald was the International Cafe. This was an area in the main Piazza that had small salads, sandwiches, pastries, available all day. Does anything like this exist on the Reflection?

The Porch should be very close. We were on the Ruby last Nov, so I know what you are looking for. I will keep your post marked and get back to you in, oh, about 18 days!:D When we get back!:(

Yes bigger and better.

We are Platinum with Princess, but enjoyed our recent cruise on the Reflection so much more than last year's cruise on the Diamond Princess. All 4 of agreed that the food and service were better on the Reflection. My sister enjoyed the coffee better at Café Al Bacio than she did at the extra-cost coffee shop on the Diamond. (I assume it was the IC. I'm a tea drinker, so didn't go with her.) The main dining room coffee (no additional charge) was much better on Princess, but both lines seem to serve that awful stuff in the casual dining venues.

There seemed to be a larger variety of salads, sandwiches, antipasti, etc. in the Oceanview Café on the Reflection available every time we went up (after breakfast.) No additional charge for those items. We often ate lunch or a snack late in the afternoon and didn't feel like we had a poor selection of items to chose from.

As an added perk, IMHO, the Reflection was the smoothest sailing of all the ships we've been on. She didn't have all the rocking and rolling that we've always encountered on at least 1 day/night on the larger Princess ships. The Reflection handled the one night of choppy seas wonderfully. That was one of the main reasons we've booked the Eclipse for our first TA this coming April.