Any past Halloween cruisers out there?

Hi,

I have just booked a cruise for next October and realised afterwards that we will be away for Halloween. It will be my kids first cruise, they will be 7 and 8 at the time of cruising.

I have looked through pages and pages of these threads and also looked through the review section but can not find anything about Halloween aboard Royal Caribbean cruises.

What can we expect for the kids, will be the MDR menu be different, do the staff dress up, is there something Halloween themed for the adults in the eve?

Thanks in advance :)

We have cruised at Halloween, and it is very fun. On Freedom of the Seas they did a big parade down the promenade for everyone in costume who cared to join in, followed by a party in Studio B. On Enchantment of the Seas they did a party in the Centrum. I'm not sure what specific things they have planned for kids, but lots of folks were in costume at dinner, grown ups and kids.

We were on the Serenade this year for Halloween (in the Med--so maybe they do even more when sailing out of the US?).

We had a BLAST. The centrum was decorated during the night so that when you got up on Halloween it had giant spiderwebs and skulls and whatnot all over.

There were probably 40 or so jack o lanterns in Windjammer (but nothing in the MDR).

They had a big party and costume contest in the Centrum,--which started with the professional dance cast coming out and performing Thriller in full costumes and make up.

There was a professional face painter on board for the holiday who did awesome work (lines got long fast!).

My kids are teens, so I am not really sure what was done specifically for little ones (but the Centrum party was all ages), but I did see a parade of kids with staff moving through in the early evening and trick or treating at the bars--it was very cute and they looked like they were having fun.

I should have a blog post up with photos by tomorrow if you want to see (link is in my signature)

It probably depends on the ship that you're on. We just returned on Sunday on the Allure of the Seas and this was our first cruise with the kids (they are 3 and 8 months) and it was a blast. There was so much going on for Halloween and the entire family had a great time. I am not sure about the dining room because we had dinner at Samba Grill- a specialty restaurant that night. But the entire Royal Promenade was decorated top to bottom. The nightvlub was converted into an amazing and scary haunted house, there were 2 different costume parades and more than 75 percent of the ship was dressed. Lots of music, candy and fun! Highly recommend :) I will try to post some pics if i can figure it out.

Hi,

I have just booked a cruise for next October and realised afterwards that we will be away for Halloween. It will be my kids first cruise, they will be 7 and 8 at the time of cruising.

I have looked through pages and pages of these threads and also looked through the review section but can not find anything about Halloween aboard Royal Caribbean cruises.

What can we expect for the kids, will be the MDR menu be different, do the staff dress up, is there something Halloween themed for the adults in the eve?

Thanks in advance :)

They will have a ball. Just came off of Oasis and have booked Freedom for next year. Lots of activities for kids of all ages. The Haunted House was great and the Adult parties were fun (not as much as in the past I am told) All the kids we saw were having a ball. Costumes , Face Painting, Parades, games and Hunts. We had a few bags of candy that we passed out to ALL kids and there were at least 30 others I know did the same. The costume parade was okay but there were so many FANTASTIC costumes that people wore and I have no Idea how they took all them onboard.

Just come off Allure which included Hallowe'en.

Royal Promenade was decorated (pretty well, although I have to say not as well as Oasis in 2010). Big costume parade, one for adults and one for kids, which was fun. People made a real effort and some of the costumes were great and so funny. There were prizes for the best costumes. MDR wasn't decorated and no particular themed menu or anything. We went to the Haunted House in Blaze which I thought was really good - they'd made it unrecognisable. We were quite scared lol! I haven't got little kids, but I'm absolutely sure they would have done stuff with them in Adventure Ocean that day. One thing that did surprise me was that they didn't decorate the Promenade until quite late on - I would say mid morning of the 31st. I thought that was odd.

Sailed the Allure last year on Halloween and immediately booked it for this year when we got home. Had another blast on her last week!

And this time I carried a costume! Great atmosphere on Halloween and the crew seems to really enjoy it. I guess any change to the day in day out grind is a welcome change to them.