Legend of the Seas questions

coloxray

We are looking at the 10 night Southern Caribbean out of Ft Lauderdale on Legend. I can't find reviews for this. They are all for cruises in Asia. Is this a new itinerary for Legend? I also saw that D category cabins don't have refrigerators is that true?

We have sailed on Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships and loved them all because each class has its own feel. Is the Legend smaller than Radiance?

Legend and Splendour are the smallest ships in the fleet... even smaller than Majesty. They don't have all the bells and whistles the newer ships have and is more of a "old school" cruise experience.

I was just on Splendour in Europe a few weeks ago and will also be on the 11 night Southern Caribbean on Legend over Christmas and New Years.

This itin is a new one for Legend as she has spent most of her time in Asia and Europe.

Yes, it is a new itenerary for her.

We were on her for 14 nights this May (in Europe), and just got off the Serenade this week. Legend is quite a bit smaller. We really enjoyed the cruise (and have booked another cruise on her next year)--but she is small and you need to go in knowing and expecting that.

Cabins are quite a bit smaller too--and there are no fridges in the E category cabins but I think there are in the Ds. (though it is tired, maybe I am mixing up my categories). We had an E2 on deck 6 and had a small closet and no fridge (there are photos of the ship and of the E2 cabin on my blog post from early June if you want to look; Travel R also has an excellent thread titled "All Things Legend of the Seas" that is a great resource and has many photos, etc)

We are doing Legend in Feb. I think you'll really enjoy it. She has been renovated and the pics from Asia show her as "lookin' good." We did Vision last year for a 14 night Trans Atlantic and just loved it. Even though the smallest class, they are beautiful ships. The Southern Caribbean is more "port intensive," so you won't really be spending that much time on the ship. Our 11 night is 4 days at sea on each end. The nice thing about this class is that, as someone mentioned, it's like the "old days." Pool games, art auctions, lounging on balconies. No zip lines or carousels, or promenade. I love those things, but I also love the simplicity and relaxation of Vision Class.

It's all what you're looking for, but I am really looking forward to the Legend cruise.

As NHDisneyLover mentioned, you may want to check out the All Things Legend thread (the link is in my signature below). The answers to many of the non-itinerary related questions may already be provided on that thread.

As mentioned the Legend has spend the last two years in Asia/Europe. I travelled aboard her in Europe this past summer - and myself and family had a great time (review also in signature).

[Hadley - enjoying your Serenade review!]

Enjoy!

Edited by Travel R