Disney Fantasy

flyboyswife

Hi! We are looking to book a Disney cruise in February - this would be our first Disney cruise!! Looking at the Fantasy - Balcony rooms. Can anyone give me some guidance on the different classes? Or different decks on this ship (ie pros/cons)? The prices vary greatly for what seems like very similar rooms/categories. Thanks much!!

Of course, any other Disney tips are welcome - but I'll be trolling the boards from now until February! #soexcited

What, specifically are you looking at? A room that sleeps 5 will be more costly than a room that sleeps 4 (in general as 4 is considered "standard."). Rooms with bigger balconies cost more.

Balconies with obstructed views or solid walls (rather than plexiglass) are less costly.

I don't know what I'm looking for, LOL!! I guess the categories are tied to decks, so perhaps I want advice on the best decks? (Realizing that may be subjective....)

None of the categories I looked at mentioned obstructive views, though I saw one category that mentioned an oversized balcony. Some categories mention a privacy divider, some say "tub" others "round tub," some mention a private split bathroom, others do not.

There'd be 2 adults and one child in one room, 2 seniors in a second room. Ideally, we'd like the rooms near each other though they do not have to be next to one another.

Thanks for responding.

I don't know what I'm looking for, LOL!! I guess the categories are tied to decks, so perhaps I want advice on the best decks? (Realizing that may be subjective....)

None of the categories I looked at mentioned obstructive views, though I saw one category that mentioned an oversized balcony. Some categories mention a privacy divider, some say "tub" others "round tub," some mention a private split bathroom, others do not.

There'd be 2 adults and one child in one room, 2 seniors in a second room. Ideally, we'd like the rooms near each other though they do not have to be next to one another.

Thanks for responding.

Just call a travel agent who is familiar with Disney. Thats what we did in the begining. It saves a lot of guess work.

Many people prefer not to be on a deck above or below a public area. Midship cabins usually cost more because that is considered the place that has the least motion and it is centrally located. You might want to consider getting adjoining cabins (there are many of them on Disney ships). You can close the two doors between them for privacy but it is easy to get together when you want.

We have our in laws that travel with us. Most verandah cabins have connecting doors. I like the fact that the the dividers on the verandah come out to make it longer.

Next trip we are staying by the midship elevators. MIL uses the elevators while we prefer the stairs. I like deck 6 or 7. Seems centrally located up or down. We are in 7576 & 7578.

Hope this helps!

Hi! We are looking to book a Disney cruise in February - this would be our first Disney cruise!! Looking at the Fantasy - Balcony rooms. Can anyone give me some guidance on the different classes? Or different decks on this ship (ie pros/cons)? The prices vary greatly for what seems like very similar rooms/categories. Thanks much!!

Of course, any other Disney tips are welcome - but I'll be trolling the boards from now until February! #soexcited

Midship locations are the best.

Not above or below any bar, and not below a restaurant or near a laundry.

In the end its down to your cruise budget what you are prepared to pay, everyone would like a verandah but its down to you if its worth it and if you will use

it.

See link below for trip report on Fantasy fro 14 nights with hundreds of photos

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

If I was in a group with 2 balconies on the Fantasy, I would want them next to each other. Reason--the stateroom host can remove the divider and you have twice the balcony space without paying for an oversized balcony! Connecting rooms are great because you have an interior door which you can open or close as you wish...privacy when you want it, but kid can go to see grandma without going out into the hall if/when desired. Also nice if you have a child of "napping" age--they can nap in one room while the adult(s) can hang out in the other.

I'm with the others--not below a public area, not above a nightclub. SO, not right below the pool deck because you can hear cleaning at night and noise during the day.

The split bath is a pretty standard feature on DCL--one room has a tub and sink, the other has a toilet and sink. This is the most common configuration. The "round tub" is a feature in some cabins on the new ships. Nice, but there are other things to be concerned about.

Honestly, I'd call my TA with my questions. The cabins on the Magic and Wonder are a lot more standard; the new ships have some with interesting features to take advantage of spaces.

On both ships...We love deck 5, but if you are on the Fantasy DO NOT get the cabin at the very end (toward the public areas). There is a fake door that is part of the Midship Detective Agency game and people knock on it at all hours! And it is right next to that cabin!!!

• 8 months later...