Water Shoes/Sneakers

On my last cruise I packed way too much, one of the biggest problems being shoes. I needed sandals, sneakers, shoes for the formal night - you get the idea.

I got these new sneakers from Land's End for $30. They are mesh so that they are cool and have the rubber traction on the bottom for water activities. Here's the link: http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_1930_58084_100665_79112_5:view=-1,00.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_58083&sid=4277189181160102031

I've used them numerous times for White Water Rafting as well as going to the beach and they're wonderful. They dry quickly (very lightweight) and are cool to wear without socks as sneakers. (And the mesh makes it cool and therefor un-stinky if your feet sweat.)

I'm loving these and they definately cut down on some packing. :)

I've never been shy about packing shoes. I got a pair of these for me and my husband for our upcoming cruise. Love that they look more like sneakers and have sturdier soles than the ones we had before.

I have some like that too. I hate wearing socks and don't usually like water shoes so these are a perfect solution. That way, I don't have to bring socks and sneakers with me!

That said. I am planning on bringing 8 pairs of shoes, including flip-flops. I'm not worried about it. I'd feel worse having an outfit without shoes that looked good with it. So 4 pairs of flip-flops (have to have matching colors!), 1 pair of shoes for Casual/informal nights, 1 pair of water shoes, 1 pair of shoes for NYE and 1 pair of formal night shoes.

My DH, 2 DD's & myself also own these Lands End Water Shoes. We like them very much. I would recommend them to everyone as they make a great item to have for walking around in & out of the water. They even work well on rocks in the water that might be a bit slippery.

Dyanna

I control my shoe packing. I take:

1 gym/walking shoe (worn to travel)

1 flat day/informal eve sandal

1 dress sandal (I do co-ordinate my dinner clothes to 1 color group)

1 water shoe if expect to need or additional day/eve sandal

By the By: KMart & Wal-Mart have the best price on decent quality light weight water shoes (around $4) right now. I used my Walmart ones for river tubing last year and they are still in good condition.

Hi

I recently purchased the Land's End watershoes too for my husband and myself and we really like them :) However, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with theirs.....the heals on them give us blisters and I think we'll need to wear bandaids with them. Is there a secret to wearing them without getting blisters :confused: By the way, they are the right size so I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks!!

Well I recently bought a pair of water shoes at good old Walmart for $4.88. They have a super thick sole on them so I felt they could also substitude for a sneaker.

I walk a lot for exercise and do always have a good pair of athelitc shoes but like you I do not want to pack them as they take up a lot of room. I found the water shoes were very comfortable and when we were down in FL over the July 4th weekend. I used them for walking on the beach and they worked great. Now I would not do that all the time-for sure-but for a few days that does work.

By the By: KMart & Wal-Mart have the best price on decent quality light weight water shoes (around $4) right now. I used my Walmart ones for river tubing last year and they are still in good condition.

Those are the ones we got :)

I went to my local WalMart yesterday because my cabinmate for my 11/27 Jewel cruise needs watershoes and asked me to find her decent (cheap) ones after trying mine. Thery were out of most sizes in womens. Had some mens and a bunch of kids. they were also out of rain ponchos.

I went to my local WalMart yesterday because my cabinmate for my 11/27 Jewel cruise needs watershoes and asked me to find her decent (cheap) ones after trying mine. Thery were out of most sizes in womens. Had some mens and a bunch of kids. they were also out of rain ponchos.

Are the rain ponchos there all compressed into a small bag?

Archived