Voyager - Hong Kong

Desm

We're on Voyager of the Seas docking at the new Kai Tak cruise terminal in April 2014. Does anyone know if RCL provide a shuttle from the terminal to Kowloon or alternatively what is the best way to get to Kowloon?

We were in HK a couple of years ago on Voyager but docked at the container terminal which necessitated a shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...
Was on Voyager a month ago,Oct, and there were shuttles laid on drop of at Ocean Terminal. Recomend that you look at The Big Red Bus trips,especialy the evening light show tour.

OP specifically stated that their ship is docking at the New Kai Tak Cruise Terminal in April 2014. The Kai Tak Terminal is the old airport location which is not near any major tourist areas or Ocean Terminal for that fact. RCCL will no longer be using Ocean Terminal ( which is where you recently docked ) as of 2014 .

OP might consider contacting RCCL directly to inquire if there will be shuttles available at the Kai Tak Terminal. Would think RCCl would be providing shuttles for a fee as it's quite a ways from the main tourist district ... Tsim Sha Tsui (which is where Ocean Terminal that will no be used is located) Taxies are fairly inexpensive in Hong Kong but generally only accept HK$ . It's customary that if the taxi bill is $2.60 HK$ that you give $3.00 HK$ ... no further tipping other than just leaving the extra change is adequate. It should be noted that many of the Taxi drivers are from Mainland China and or the Philippines and speak very little English . There is also a bus route from Kai Tak that will link up to the MTR.

Here's the link for the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/location/

Also Hong Kong's MTR subway system is very fast, safe and efficient.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I was on the "New" terminal that was the old airport, if you read my reply you will see that I said that shutttles droped of at Ocean terminal.

Actually what you stated was

"shuttles laid on drop of at Ocean Terminal."
which is not clearly understood to have meant that Shuttles were provided that dropped off at Ocean Terminal.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I didn't ask RCL as in my experience they rarely give answers this far out from the cruise departure!

Bottom line seems to be there most likely will be a shuttle but use a taxi if not!

The last time we were on Voyager in 2012 it was the first visit of Voyager to Hong Kong and we docked at a container terminal because Voyager is apparently too big for the Ocean terminal.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I didn't ask RCL as in my experience they rarely give answers this far out from the cruise departure!

Bottom line seems to be there most likely will be a shuttle but use a taxi if not!

The last time we were on Voyager in 2012 it was the first visit of Voyager to Hong Kong and we docked at a container terminal because Voyager is apparently too big for the Ocean terminal.

Have a look at the roll call, there is some important info on the Tokyo port...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also Hong Kong's MTR subway system is very fast, safe and efficient.

Agree, if with large suitcases, it is best to avoid MTR in rush hour and stick with taxis.

Also to add, it is an extra $5 added to the final fare for every piece of luggage going into the taxi's trunk.

I think Ocean Terminal has around a 70k tonnes capacity. So Voyager is way too big for that cruise terminal.