Vancouver condo rentals

sharmorr

Apologies if this has already been asked: plan to spend a few days in Vancouver following our Alaska Princess cruise July 2014. Any suggestions on where to stay? Looking for 2 bedrm condo to share with another couple. Will not have rental car. Thanks for your tips.

Staying in the downtown area would be best. There are loads of condos in Yaletown area. Very trendy place but can be loud late night/early morning as there are a lot of bars in the area. The dock is about a 15-20 min walk away from Robson and W Georgia (main intersection in downtown core). There are condos available in the downtown West End...best if you can get view of English Bay (beach) and a 10km walking path along the beach and around Stanley Park but please be aware that there are many gay couples in the area if that is something you have an issues with. Although Kitsilano is very trendy it is you will require bus or cab to get anywhere. Be advised that all of the areas listed next are in a suburban area: White Rock, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Westminster, Surrey and Richmond. The Grenville area is the waterfront so there are condos and houseboats. You can take a watertaxi across the waterway to various areas. North and West Vancouver are either a bus/car ride or sea bus away. Although traffic is very busy Grousse Mountain (West Van), Capilano Brigde (West Van), and Cyrpess (North Van) and access to main road to Squamish and Whistler are located there. Hope this gives you a starting point. In case you are wondering, I lived in Vancouver for almost 9 years so I know the area.

Edited by cdnphotogirl

Viva suites might also be a possibilty - they are located in the downtown core - next door to the Quality Inn - will see if i can find a web site for them. I can see the building and suites from my condo.

There is actually a bed and breakfast operating in my building but all the units are samll so i doubt that it would suit two couples.

Cheers

Dennis

Here's the link to the Viva Suites:

http://www.vivasuitesvancouver.com/ and here's another one - this one is a block to the ferry to Granville Island:

http://www.910beach.com/index1.php

You might also want to try the Marriott Residence Inn on Hornby St.

Here's one more and it is right in the heart of the downtown core:

http://www.carmanaplaza.com/

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by Urban trekker

We used hotels.com to get a 4 night stay at Sunset Inn and Suites, a B and B, in the west end in May

My very first thought had been the Sunset but it does not offer two bedroom suites and the OP is looking for something to share with anther couple. However the Sunset is a good property albeit it perhaps a little out of the swing of things locationally.