Balcony price drop

lasefton

prices for the balcony cabins in my cruise (11/17) dropped just about 3/4 weeks out! in which we took advantage and upgraded from an inside to a balcony. The prices only went back up from there.

We have an inside on deck 12 so I have decided to stay there unless there's a great deal on a balcony. I am so impatient . This is our first cruise !

prices for the balcony cabins in my cruise (11/17) dropped just about 3/4 weeks out! in which we took advantage and upgraded from an inside to a balcony. The prices only went back up from there.

Can you take advantage of the price drop even after the cruise is paid for? I think final payment is due two months before the cruise, right? Just wondered how that works.

Sue

If you are asking if NCL will refund the difference between what you paid and any price drop on your cabin category after final payment, the answer is NO. What they might do upon your asking is offer to upgrade you to a higher cabin category if the current price of the new cabin is the same or less than you paid originally. There is no guarantee however. They are not obligated to do anything. Remember they are having a "fire sale" to fill the remaining cabins.

Can you take advantage of the price drop even after the cruise is paid for? I think final payment is due two months before the cruise, right? Just wondered how that works.

Sue

Hi Sue, How about if I explain how it worked for me?

Before final payment we booked a BPG in an OV (oceanview) then were upgraded (no add`l cost) to a BC balcony. After final payment we agreed to an upsell to a mini suite for $30 pp then when the price of the aft penthouse suites plummeted, we took advantage by paying an add`l amount to go from the mini suite into the ph suite. Our PCC was under no obligation to offer us anything after the final payment but because we kept our eye on the prices and were willing to pay more we got what we wanted and something we totally did not expect.

Hope this helps to explain what CAN happen,

Cheers, enjoy your cruise

:D

We are booked on the breakaway for December 8...our prices dropped about 2 weeks ago. We were booked in an inside and upgraded to a family balcony for $100. It was after final payment.

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Nice!

So was this $100 per person or $100 total? Did you call them or did they call you? I'm curious because I'm thinking of upgrading to a balcony...plenty left on our sailing.

Nice!

So was this $100 per person or $100 total? Did you call them or did they call you? I'm curious because I'm thinking of upgrading to a balcony...plenty left on our sailing.

$100 total. We could have gotten a regular balcony for no additional money but opted for the family one for a better location. We called NCL.

We are booked on the breakaway for December 8...our prices dropped about 2 weeks ago. We were booked in an inside and upgraded to a family balcony for $100. It was after final payment.

This is what I'm hoping for

Hi Sue, How about if I explain how it worked for me?

Before final payment we booked a BPG in an OV (oceanview) then were upgraded (no add`l cost) to a BC balcony. After final payment we agreed to an upsell to a mini suite for $30 pp then when the price of the aft penthouse suites plummeted, we took advantage by paying an add`l amount to go from the mini suite into the ph suite. Our PCC was under no obligation to offer us anything after the final payment but because we kept our eye on the prices and were willing to pay more we got what we wanted and something we totally did not expect.

Hope this helps to explain what CAN happen,

Cheers, enjoy your cruise

:D

Whew! You were (almost) in every stateroom category lol. Thanks for the info. We are booked in a mini suite in April so I just keep checking. What is a BPG? Sue

Whew! You were (almost) in every stateroom category lol. Thanks for the info. We are booked in a mini suite in April so I just keep checking. What is a BPG? Sue

BPG - Best Price Guarantee.. LOL

The rule of thumb for us, don't book a cabin you wouldn't be happy in if push comes to shove. So, we could end up in an ocean view, but that's unlikely and we usually have a specific amount that we will not exceed! Speaking of which, our upcoming cruise, we're paying the same for an aft PH as we did for BA balcony on the Epic in Feb. Time of year can make a huge difference.

The best part of having a super PCC means I can bet that what I want I will get as long as I'm willing to pay the price. However, I will only pay as much as I think is fair and do a lot of research to ensure it is so.

You may find that you've gotten the best price for the mini suite already. They are very popular and April is a very popular time of the year. But, as you say, keep checking, you just never know.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise,

:)

it would cost us $280 to move from an inside on deck 4 to a gty balcony.

Who says I'm crazy for not doing it??? :p I would do it for $100-$150 more. But we'd be totally fine with an inside. We've done it once before.

it would cost us $280 to move from an inside on deck 4 to a gty balcony.

Who says I'm crazy for not doing it??? :p I would do it for $100-$150 more. But we'd be totally fine with an inside. We've done it once before.

Not crazy at all. DH and I typically cruise inside cabins, we'd rather save our money for a nice dinner, scuba diving, etc. Had a chance to upgrade to a balcony for our upcoming Sun cruise for $200 - we said no thanks.

$100 total. We could have gotten a regular balcony for no additional money but opted for the family one for a better location. We called NCL.

How can I check for upgrades if I went through a travel agency?

How can I check for upgrades if I went through a travel agency?

I have a TA and I just check the website regularly. If there is a price drop, I will contact my TA to let her contact NCL. This is only my second cruise so I don't have experience in this area. Sue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not crazy at all. DH and I typically cruise inside cabins, we'd rather save our money for a nice dinner, scuba diving, etc. Had a chance to upgrade to a balcony for our upcoming Sun cruise for $200 - we said no thanks.

Was that $200 total or $200 each. I would consider an upgrade from inside to balcony if it were $200 total. But aside from a real good deal like that, I'm fine with inside, don't plan an being in the room much anyway.

Was that $200 total or $200 each. I would consider an upgrade from inside to balcony if it were $200 total. But aside from a real good deal like that, I'm fine with inside, don't plan an being in the room much anyway.

$200 Total - for us that is two additional scuba dives or three bottles of wine or..... Well, you get the idea. The cabin, for us, is used for showering and sleeping. While a balcony is nice there are so many other places on a ship that we can get outside space we'd rather use that money for something else.