Pirate Ship in Puerto Vallarta

brovan1

Wondered if someone could tell me about the pirate excursion in PV. Looking into doing that but just curious about the details and what the schedule is. It has great reviews and other members of the forum have suggested that for our 2 boys.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info! Went ahead and booked it to make sure it didn't fill up! The kids will love it! Hopefully my hubby and I will too! We love being on the water, beach, in the sun and as long as the weather cooperates, this should fit the bill and provide us and the kids with entertainment on top of it!

• 1 month later...

For anyone that comes across this post-here's a follow up...we just got back from our cruise and had a great time. As far as the Pirate excursion...I was disappointed. In the end my kids really liked it, but the overall experience was not the best. There were probably a couple hundred people on the ship packed in like sardines. The ride to the beach was slow and the kids were bored. Food was just ok and I admit-ever since then, I had the dreaded "Mexico" stomach issues. Once at the beach-we had to be taken to the beach by little boats and dropped off in knee high water with a very substantial surf. The kids in the end loved playing in the surf-their favorite part of the whole trip, but if I had toddlers I would have been pretty upset that this was the beach they took us to. They did a treasure hunt for the kids and we did some kayaking, but by the time we got a kayak (you had to stand in line) it was about time to get back to the ship so we got very little time in the kayak, but my kids loved that part. You felt very "cattled" and rushed getting on and off the ship and some of the "pirates" were a little rude. My kids were very entertained on the ride back with the pirate show. It took most of the ride back so that was MUCH better than the ride to the beach. It was a little distracting and hard to follow because they would say a line in english and then immediately say the line in spanish because there were quite a few Mexicans on the excursion as well. Like I said overall my kids loved this excursion the best, but my husband and I were pretty disappointed and considering how much we spent, I expected more, especially after reading the great reviews. Kinda wish we would have done something else like the Las Caletas beach excursion.

Oh Brovan1.... I'm so sorry to hear about this! I subscribed in hopes you would post a review, but I didn't expect this. :(

Did you post a review on the CCL Excursion page? It's quite highly rated there too... Dang!!

We leave for this cruise in March and were debating on this and Las Caletas.... Thinking it's leaning toward Las Caletas.

I hope the rest of your trip was a good one! (I think I've subbed to many of your posts, so I'm looking forward to hearing about it!) :)

Welcome home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Brovan1.... I'm so sorry to hear about this! I subscribed in hopes you would post a review, but I didn't expect this. :(

Did you post a review on the CCL Excursion page? It's quite highly rated there too... Dang!!

We leave for this cruise in March and were debating on this and Las Caletas.... Thinking it's leaning toward Las Caletas.

I hope the rest of your trip was a good one! (I think I've subbed to many of your posts, so I'm looking forward to hearing about it!) :)

Welcome home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it was just s few of us-a lot of other people seemed to have a great time, but I know there were others who were disappointed. For $350 I expected more...and then of course they push for tips too! But like I said in the end my kids loved it. When you ask my oldest what his favorite part was-he said the pirate ship, but not really because of the pirates-he liked playing in the surf the best. Good luck! And I will post a review on CCL site too, just haven't made it there yet!

• 3 weeks later...