Royal Caribbean future cruise certificate problem

esper10

Hi all, I need some advice.

We was in a cruise in Dec. 2012 their were some issues during the cruise, so when we return I called Royal Caribbean and we were issued 2 $175.00 certificates. Today I called C&A to make final payment on a cruise. Final payment is due tomorrow. I told the rep. that I have these 2 certificates I need to apply. She took the information from me put me on hold and when she came back she said it is all OK and it may take a day or 2 to apply but to call her that evening to double check. NOW I spent all evening trying to take care of it. Noting was applied to our reservation, stayed on hold forever and was not able to talk to C&A. I was told it need to be mailed. I need to call in the morning to post sailing. The reason why I waited until now is because I wanted to be sure we are going to take this cruise. Never thought it will be problem. Now I'm not sure of the "run around" I will have in the morning. How will it work, or what I need to do. I don't have a TA so it is only me. Any one had to apply a certificate like mine? What do I need to do? How does it work? PPPPPlease help. Thanks in advanced.

Hi all, I need some advice.

We was in a cruise in Dec. 2012 their were some issues during the cruise, so when we return I called Royal Caribbean and we were issued 2 $175.00 certificates. Today I called C&A to make final payment on a cruise. Final payment is due tomorrow. I told the rep. that I have these 2 certificates I need to apply. She took the information from me put me on hold and when she came back she said it is all OK and it may take a day or 2 to apply but to call her that evening to double check. NOW I spent all evening trying to take care of it. Noting was applied to our reservation, stayed on hold forever and was not able to talk to C&A. I was told it need to be mailed. I need to call in the morning to post sailing. The reason why I waited until now is because I wanted to be sure we are going to take this cruise. Never thought it will be problem. Now I'm not sure of the "run around" I will have in the morning. How will it work, or what I need to do. I don't have a TA so it is only me. Any one had to apply a certificate like mine? What do I need to do? How does it work? PPPPPlease help. Thanks in advanced.

I'll try to help you (I'm guessing you will get a ton of responses from people that haven't had these certificates). They are similar to the next cruise certificates, but a little more complicated and it took me a little while to get mine credited. I did it way before my final payment because I was concerned about the time it might take. First, I hope you booked dierectly with RCCL. If you did, you should talk to the RCCL reservation or C&A department (I used these certificates twice (once in each department)). They asked me for all the codes on the certificates and put me on hold (or a LONG time). I think there is a department that they call to get them credited. It does take a few days, but it eventually gets credited to your reservation.

BTW - If anyone tries to tell you that you can't use a NCC, balcony discount, or C&A - ask them to talk to a supervisor. These arespecial certificates that are basically used like money. You won't actually see the credit on your reservation, the amount of the cruise cost will be lowered. This worked out for me and other family members, because it also lowered the cost of cruise insurance. FYI - I used this certificate, an NCC (with Onboard credit), and a C&A discount/credit. It sometimes takes persistence and time, but it is worth it when it is all done. Good luck!

I just used my certificate to book my upcoming cruise in Dec. When booking thru RCI I told them I want to apply my travel voucher. The way it was done was that I paid the full price for the cruise and in 2 days my the amount of the voucher was credited back to my bank account. Hope tis information helps you.

Can someone elaborate this program for me please? Will be going on a cruise in May 2014, and again for Nov 2014.

I know with NCL, you pay $250 outright, and get $100 right away for OBC on the cruise you bought it on, so basically you're ahead by $100.

thanks!

Can someone elaborate this program for me please? Will be going on a cruise in May 2014, and again for Nov 2014.

I know with NCL, you pay $250 outright, and get $100 right away for OBC on the cruise you bought it on, so basically you're ahead by $100.

thanks!

The OP is talking about certificates for credit they received because of some issues on a cruise. This is not Royal's "Open Booking" program.

Royal's "Open Booking" (or "Next Cruise") is described here:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

Edited by clarea

Thanks Clarea!...

That's what I was looking for, and was having a terrible time seaching for it on their website.

Looks pretty good. For $100 down, we get $100 OBC for next cruise as well as the $100 off the fare. (deposit for balcony)

I just had a recent experience with this. I was on a cruise last March and wrote them about a couple of issues we experienced on the cruise. I was actually writing them to tell them how I thought the cruise was great and that the staff handled our concerns well, and they gave us a couple "coupons" anyways.

In July we booked a cruise for our first anniversary in March 2014 and I follow their directions for applying the certificates and heard nothing. I waited and waited but as we approach final payment my Husband and I were waffling about the cruise, and so I emailed about the coupons being applied because if they weren't going to be we decided to cancel. The rep emailed me back a few days later with an apology for the delay, took some more money off the cruise in addition to the coupons and signed us up for champagne and strawberries to be in our cabin. I am sososo pleased!