Comfort Inn and Suites French Quarter on Magazine St

Carnivalcruiselover!

I have booked a room there for 1 night pre and 3 nights post cruise. I have also booked a spot at the Fulton Place Parking Garage for the length of our stay. My question is, could I possibly walk from the hotel to the cruise terminal? I have Mapquested it, and it seems to be about 2 kms. I've also heard a taxi ride can sometimes take 1 hr to get that far. Is walking that distance reasonable?

I would check the website for New Orleans tourism and they should have a link to the RTA for New Orleans.....http://www.norta.com

I checked the map I got when I was there and it looks like you'd have to hoof it up to the nearest stop on St Charles Street and take that the Loyola street car to Canal and get off at Harrah's, and then transfer to the Street car going to the convention center. If you have two pieces of luggage with you it might just be easier to take a cab to the port. It would not cost much.

Now, as for your hotel it is in the Central Business District/Warehouse District. If your hotel is on Poydras street it would be a good 3 block or so walk to get to Canal Street, the edge of the FQ, further West of Poydras means you have a much longer walk.

If you haven't already done so, check out neworleanscvb.com and you can find links to the various neighborhoods, shopping, hotels, transportation, and many more things that will be helpful for your trip.

You will be travelling on a Sunday morning during one of the deadest weeks in NOLA. There is no reason to walk/hike 2km unless you are opposed to forking over less that $15 (including tip) for a taxi. The long taxi waits are during peak times (festivals, Mardi Gras, Major conferences of 10K participants & major sporting events such as Super Bowl)