Alaska with Children

PattiG

My family is thinking of taking a Disney cruise to Alaska next may or June. There are 4 children ranging in age from 3 to 10. Would there be an "active" kids club on an Alaskan cruise? I'm not in favor of it because I don't think many families would take young children to Alaska. Does anyone have any experience with this situation?

There were plenty of families on my non-DCL Alaskan cruises. I would think DCL would have almost as many as their Caribbean cruises. Alaska is a great place for kids, There are lots of nature and wildlife activities. I think Alaskan cruises are the most kid-friendly cruises.

We did AK in July of 2011 and loved the cruise. Our DDs were 13 and 15 at the time so I can't quite comment on the younger ones but I'll have to say that it was tons of fun, they loved it and would go back. DCL is primarily a family line so that says it all. We had stellar weather, upper 60s with sun by the end of each day. May/June is the start of the AK cruising season and it will be a bit chillier and maybe rainier. The ports were fun, the excursions great, the on board activities just like any DCL cruise. I think you'd enjoy it. If you can swing it, do a dog sledding excursion. We did and it was worth every penny.

We did Alaska in 2011 but on Holland. My twins were 3 at the time, and we all loved it!! My kids didn't want to do a kids club, although I tried and heard great things about the kids' activities. All of the ports were great and they loved seeing the fish and wildlife. I can only imagine it would be ten times better for kids on Disney! I would go back again without hesitation.