Radiance dress code - men

tueyx

We sail a week from today on the Radiance which will be our very first cruise! (Wooohooooooo)

Anyhoo, my husband, mum and myself have a speciality dining package each which includes Giovanni's, Chops, Rita'a Cantina and Izumi. We will also obviously want to try Cascades and the Windjammer.

My question is, what is ok for hubby to wear? He normally gets around in a nice tidy pair of jeans, a tshirt and jumper and I will be packing his suit pants, two dress shirts (collared) - no tie and no suit jacket as he doesn't own either - is that ok? Then also some jean shorts he has and board shorts etc for the islands and during the day.

Can anybody tell me what the specialty dining restaurants / Cascades are like with dress code on non formal evenings? Can he wear his jeans, tshirt and shoes (not thongs) or will he have to wear his suit pants?

I'm not sure whether or not I need to buy him some new suit pants or not before we go so he has more than one pair???

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Smart casual is what I class as minimal dress standard for all restaurants except Windjammers.

This would be a collared shirt with either pants or clean jeans with shoes. Sand shoes/runners can be worn. I usually have one suit with two shirts and two ties, and about four or five casual shirts with two pair of jeans.

If it is warm I will have dinner and then go and change for the rest of the evening, hanging up the clothes for another night.

Minimum for Windjammers is beach wear with thongs and a shirt of any description.

Formal nights are covered in the other thread.

No boardshorts, thongs or singlets in the dining rooms. Apart from that wear what you feel comfortable in! There were plenty of shorts and t-shirts on formal night (and plenty of suits/tuxes too). Jeans with a collared short will have you fitting in perfectly.

Thank you all for your advice. I did have a look at the other thread which was helpful and so were your comments on this. Thank you. We have begun to pack tonight and other than tshirts and normal holiday gear I think he will fit in nicely on semi-formal/formal nights.

Thanks again :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app