FTTF in NYC

tropical83

Hello,

I just booked my first cruise on the Carnival Splendor leaving from NYC July 2014. My travel agent said that they do not offer FTTF from NYC. I could be wrong, but I thought I have read people on here have FTTF that have cruised on the Splendor from NY? Has anyone here ever had FTTF from NY?

Thanks!

I sailed Glory out if NYC this summer. They DID have FTTF.

Also it was available for my upcoming Splendor cruise this winter.

For what it's worth, we did not do FTTF this summer. We arrived at port at 10 and were on the ship no more than 3 minutes after those with FTTF. I had to speak with customer service a couple if times. I didn't have to wait for more than a minute or two.

Our bags were delivered to our room before dinner, and I used a Zuca to tote our soft drinks, so really, I am glad I saved the $50 for other splurges!

Sailed on the SPLENDOR out of NYC in the beginning of November – they most certainly did offer FTTF...'cause we used it. Now, whether or not it's worth it really depends on when you get to the pier. We arrived at about 10:30 a.m. and there were not many people there yet. If we had checked in when we arrived, we could have sailed right through without FTTF. But, instead of checking in, we checked our bags and then walked over to the INTREPID museum next door. When we got back at about 1 p.m., the pier was packed and the regular line was very long. We walked in, told them we had FTTF, and within 10-15 minutes we were getting our pictures taken to board to the ship.

During the cruise, my brother went to Guest Services. There were about ten people in the regular line, and no one in the Platinum/Diamond/FTTF line – so, once again, FTTF worked out for us.

Thanks for the replies!

Maybe they just aren't offering FTTF quite yet for my cruise? I'll have to ask my travel agent again.

I was also thinking of just going to the pier early around 10am like you both mentioned. Hopefully we will beat the rush and get on the ship quickly without having FTTF.

I still may decide to get it if it ends up being offered for my cruise. Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the replies!

Maybe they just aren't offering FTTF quite yet for my cruise? Thanks for the help!

Could very well be the case. I had my cruise booked pretty far out, and it took a while for FTTF to show up in the shore excursions.

My pleasure.

Hi!

I'm not sure if they offer it for that exact sailing or not, but we are fresh off the Splendor and did not have FTTF, but were on the ship by 11:30am! We also got OFF the ship today by 8:30am, so unless you really want your room ready when you get on instead of waiting an hour or two, you might not need it. This was by far the easiest embarkation / debarkation ever!

Laura

We had it on the Glory in September from NYC. The lines were really long and with 2 kids 2 and under, we were so glad we had it! There was a chartered group on board with lots of international guests, so that may have attributed to the lines. And we had an early flight out of LGA and were able to be the first ones off after self-assist.

We booked our cruise this oct for next oct and the FTTF was available. They only sell so many of the FTTF's. so it may have been sold out when your ta checked. you can keep checking so if someone happens to cancel, or from my understanding if there are not as many Plat/diam then they may open up more FTTF's.

Unless you intend on visiting guest services 20 times a day, you dont need it.

IMO..:cool:

Thanks.

What about for a tender though? The stop in Half moon cay is the only tender port. If I go down to the tenders early enough without FTTF, do you think I will still get on a tender quickly?

Thanks.

What about for a tender though? The stop in Half moon cay is the only tender port. If I go down to the tenders early enough without FTTF, do you think I will still get on a tender quickly?

Well, you get priority tender getting off . Not going back on.

No big deal.