Carnival Referral Program

Herbaltees

My husband has redeemed quite a few referrals, but that promotion ended. I don't believe you can still make new referrals. The website still works if you need to check the status of a referral that you made a couple of months ago.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I just referred a first time cruiser this week, but because I wasn't "selected" to participate in the referral program, one of the others in our group had to be the referrer as she was selected. Our new cruiser will get $50 OBC and the referrer will get a $50 Carnival Gift Card which she can use on the cruise we are all going on. I was a bit miffed but they are both going to use the perks to buy rounds of drinks for the 4 of us going :). My PVP took care of everything and once the new cruiser completes the online check-in, both credits will be awarded.

Edited by mickide

I got the email for referrals earlier this week. It would've been nice to have a year ago when we had 11 new cruisers sail with us for our wedding.

Hi carnival brides, Nice to see you in this forum. We were planning our weddings around the same time last year.

I just referred a first time cruiser this week, but because I wasn't "selected" to participate in the referral program, one of the others in our group had to be the referrer as she was selected. Our new cruiser will get $50 OBC and the referrer will get a $50 Carnival Gift Card which she can use on the cruise we are all going on. I was a bit miffed but they are both going to use the perks to buy rounds of drinks for the 4 of us going :). My PVP took care of everything and once the new cruiser completes the online check-in, both credits will be awarded.

Thank you.this helps. I didn't know they had to complete the online check in prior to it being awarded.

Thank you.this helps. I didn't know they had to complete the online check in prior to it being awarded.

This is lengthy, but here is what the fine print is:

Referrer Eligibility

This exclusive VIFP Club member offer is valid for new referrals made between December 2, 2013 and December 31, 2013. To qualify for this private offer, you must:

• Be selected - this offer is not available to the public.

• Be a VIFP Club Red tier member or higher.

• Have completed your most recent Carnival cruise by November 14, 2013.

• Be at least 18 years old.

• Be a resident of US or Canada.

Offer is not available to Carnival employees or travel agents.

Referred (‘Referral’) Guest Eligibility

“Referrals” are defined as individuals who have never sailed on Carnival or existing Carnival Past Guests whose last sailing started before December 1, 2010. A referred guest must be at least 18 years of age and cannot be sailing in the same stateroom as the VIFP Club member who referred him or her. Referred guests must be a resident of the US or Canada. Referred guests cannot be members of the same household the individual who referred them.

Reward Redemption

Referrers will receive a $50 reward for each qualified referral guest they redeem who makes a new booking within 60 days of being referred or by March 1, 2014 — whichever date comes first. Referral booking may be made directly with Carnival or any travel agent.

Upon making a qualifying booking, your referred guest must provide you with his or her first name, last name and booking number. With this information, logon to the “sharecarnivalfun.com” online tool and log referred guest’s booking. You must also ensure your referred guest has completed Online Check-In (‘FunPass’) at least two weeks prior sailing in order for a Carnival gift card to be issued. Upon completion of these redemption requirements, you will receive a $50 Carnival electronic gift card via email. Carnival will use the email address listed in your VIFP Club profile to issue the gift card.

Select VIFP Club members’ referred guests will receive a $50 nonrefundable onboard credit which will be applied to the referred guest’s reservation at the same time the referrer’s gift card is issued. You must ensure your referred guest has completed Online Check-in (‘FunPass’) at least two weeks prior sailing in order for the gift card and $50 onboard credit to be issued.

Offer Limitations

There is no limit on the number of referrals that can be made within the 30 day offer period. However, each referrer may earn up to a maximum $250 (5 gift cards) in total rewards. Additional referrals will not receive any form of compensation.

Limit of one referral credit per stateroom. If a person is confirmed as a referral of a VIFP Club member, then no other VIFP Club member may receive credit for that person or other individuals booked in that stateroom. If more than one referral request is submitted for the same person, Carnival Cruise Lines will process the first request received. Existing bookings do not qualify for a referral reward. Offer is available for active, individual bookings and is not available for group bookings.

Carnival Gift Card Terms

Gift cards are subject to all Carnival Cruise Lines promotional gift card terms and conditions. Please visit http://www.carnival.com/giftcardreferralterms for complete Carnival gift card Terms & Conditions. Gift card is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Carnival Cruise Lines reserves the right to reject any offer redemption request, discontinue or change the offer without notice.

Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just made final payment on my first Carnival cruise this June and the OBC for being referred is now confirmed to be posted for both cabins. Woo-hoo!

Thanks so much JdoggCruiser! I hope you get your gift card soon if you haven't already :-)

I was selected to participate in this in August/September .... and I got 5 referrals ....and then the other one in December....I got 5 referrals .... and was approved for all of them ..... two different programs ... but for some reason they ended up changing some rules or something ...but I did end up with 8 of the referrals so I got 4 $50 e-gift cards ... .I have received all of them in the past few weeks

I too made three referrals last September for my upcoming family reunion cruise this coming August. I was having a hard time though getting them to "take" and just gave up. A few weeks ago, I started getting emails from Carnival about receiving $50 gift cards. Guess they did go through and it was a pleasant surprise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app