Carnival Freedom Restaurants

Jingles263

Hi all...Can anyone tell me some good restaurants or places to grab a burger, chicken fingers and mexican food?

Or do you know if you can order a burger in the MDR? I heard you can order a steak. anyone know if that is true.

Can you also suggest other really good rests that we should try? Any cuisine.... Would like to stick to the free ones.

Have some picky teens that might not like the cuisine in the main dining room...

Thnx so much for any ideas!!!

:)

The only additional restaurant on the Freedom is the Steakhouse which comes with an extra fee. Otherwise, you will need to eat your meals in the dining room or on the lido deck buffet.

There is a ton of variety on the menu in the dining room. You can get a burger and many other mainstays or opt for the special meals of the day.

You can order a burger or a steak in the MDR. They are on the everyday menu. They also offer chicken breasts everyday.

You can get chicken fingers and burger on the lido deck at the grill. Best to get them next to the middle pool. You can also get nachos and hot dogs.

At the lido, they have a tandoori station, Mongolian wok, deli, and pizza place. Try the pepperoni pizza.

On deck 10, they have a seafood station, with ceviche, seafood salads, and a bouillabaisse. Try the fish and chips.

The lido will have a food of the day at lunch. Usually, Italian, American, French, and Mexican.

They have a Mexican buffet at night at the deck party on the lido. They offer Mexican food the day after on the lido, with a taco bar and nachos. You can get Mexican food at the Seaday Brunch, breakfast and lunch items only.

On deck 5, in the promenade, they offer a Taste Bar for free, before dinner. A sampling from each of the new 2.0 ship restaurants. I stopped by one night and got a sample of chicken tortilla soup and shredded pork.

Hope this helps.

Carnival is testing out switching up the menus. Not sure when that will happen on all the ships.

In the main dining room, you can always order from the kid's menu, for anyone. I get the Mac & Cheese sometimes. There are burgers, fries, pizza, etc on that. You can combine orders from kid's menu and adult menu. My daughter likes a side of the French Fries with dinner.

Room Service is also nice. Free, but tip a few dollars to waiter.

Hanging out on the Lido deck now... Always recommend the MDR over buffets, but we REALLY enjoy the service as well as the food. The steakhouse was amazing. Excellent food and exquisite service! So worth $35 pp. We debated a second night there.

The restaurants offer an everyday fare of burgers, salad, fried chicken, chicken breast, mac and cheese..

Then they offer the specials of the day..

Lido deck has burgers, pizza (we tried and like that for lunch) as well as a variety of different foods..this cruise we basically stayed with the restaurants..

Room service is available 24hours at no cost (except for drinks)..I purchased the unlimited soda card..but they don't honor that with room service..so I brought soda back from a bar..Room service has hot and cold sandwiches..salad, (can't remember what else) along with desserts and drinks..

I'm sure they will find something to like..