NEVER book with Viking Cruises

njjeter

The good part is that we booked flights ourselves and that there are 3 flights daily from RDU to YYZ. Guess it doesn't hurt that we're flying in a day early - but I'll miss all the good stuff I've got planned for Munich!

Never thought to ask if the ticket would be restricted in any way. Maybe I should ask!

We've had trip interruptions before - our trip to Portugal had issues with the Island volcano erupting and our trip to Greece had the contents of our suitcases stolen!

Thanks to all for your input. It is very much appreciated!

We'll roll with the punches.....not much else you can do....BUT my family doesn't call me Polly Planner fer nothing!!!! :eek::eek:

Edited by CaroleSS

"We are informed by Rachel that since we did not get to our ship, Viking is not responsible for anything and will not reimburse or compensate us..."

Unless I am misinterpreting your saga, isn't that EXACTLY the point of your complaint, that you had contracted with Viking for all your transportation to the ship, and they did not get you there ?

With regards to air ticket restrictions, you need to look in the fare rules for a notation like NONEND or worse, NONRER, or some variant like NON-END or NON-REROUTABLE. There are probably other indicators, but those are a couple to be wary of. Neither of those notations is good when things go pear-shaped. If nothing goes wrong, they won't matter.