Early docking with 3 teens......I need suggestions

Mommzie

We (dd 16, ds 15, dd 12 and myself) will be on Carnival Ecstacy docking in Key West on February 4 at 7:30am. What is there to so so early? We leave at 1:30pm, doesn't seem like enough time to do anything

Any suggestions will be appreciated

We just returned from a cruise with the same KW itin. It stunk. Not Key West, I LOVE Key West, but the timing was not great at all. By the time you shuttle to town it's going to be 8:00 am. Very little is open. We walked to Blue Heaven for Breakfast which took up about an hour and a half, then headed to Duval. Still nothing open. We wandered around and finally at around 10 am doors began opening. We hit a few hot spots quickly because the last shuttle to the ship is at 12:30 PM!!! So really you're looking at about 4.5 hrs in KW and the stores/restaurants/bars/attractions will only be available to you for about 2-3 of those hours. Sure it's nice to walk around, beautiful town to wander and unless you do a quick excursion, that's what you'll be doing I'm sure.

If you are in Key West early, walk off the docks onto Whitehead and make a left on Green and walk to the end, 3 - 4 blocks. This takes you to the Key West Bight and even though there are no shops there you can browse along the docks and at least see some of the fishing boats going out, and there will be crew members making preparatoins for the monring snorkling trips. The Schooner Wharf Bar will be open if you wanted to have breakfast or a drink with the so-called breakfast club. You can also get a coffee there. As it gets later some of the small shops along Lazy Way Lane might start opening up. Kermit's is just across the street from the end of Lazy Way Lane.

Be sure to walk past the Half Shell Raw Bar which seems like the last bar along the bight. Just after it is Dantes and you can at least take a look at the pool there.

Pjk