Hosting a party in your suite?

raerenee

I will traveling on Oasis of the Sea and would like to host a small birthday party for an friend (12 people). Can I request some decorations? Can I order apps from room service for our party? Request a bartender? I wish you could have bottles delivered to our room but I know they don't sell bottles. So without everyone going up and down to the bar how do we order drinks?

you have to pay for decorations, a Bartender is probably not an option at all and yes you can order room service. MDR option during MDR hours and the normal basic RS menu the rest of the time.

I suppose you could order a few bottles( of wine) at a bar or a restaurant and uncork them yourself.

the decorations would be in place prior to your arrival and will be there the entire cruise. if the birthday person will not be staying in the suite, it's a waste. Edited by spookwife
to clarify some stuff

[quote name='raerenee']I will traveling on Oasis of the Sea and would like to host a small birthday party for an friend (12 people). Can I request some decorations? Can I order apps from room service for our party? Request a bartender? I wish you could have bottles delivered to our room but I know they don't sell bottles. So without everyone going up and down to the bar how do we order drinks?[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]
Since you will have a suite, the concierge can get everything coordinated for you. Not sure of the cost, but I have heard of parties being done in suites with appetizers and a bartender. (BTW - I wish you were my friend).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='raerenee']I will traveling on Oasis of the Sea and would like to host a small birthday party for an friend (12 people). Can I request some decorations? Can I order apps from room service for our party? Request a bartender? I wish you could have bottles delivered to our room but I know they don't sell bottles. So without everyone going up and down to the bar how do we order drinks?[/QUOTE]

This pricing may be outdated, as it is from November, 2012, (Liberty of the Seas concierge provide this information in quotes below via e-mail)--however gives you some ideas of the cost of the appetizer packages, and drink packages with bartender:

"We can have beers, wine, champagne sent to the suite. If you would like to have mixed drinks we can arrange it as well ( house brand reception $12.25 per person), but in this case we do have to have a bartender ( $50 per hours) and a Head bartender ($125 per hour) available to assist you.

We can arrange to have some hot and cold canapes and there would be a charge of $12 per person
(Hot Canapés: Breaded
Mozzarella Sticks; Deep Fried
Chicken Drummetts or Wings;
Sausage Rolls; Mini Vegetarian
Spring Rolls
Cold Canapés: Brie with Dried
Apricots & Walnuts; Baby
Shrimp Tartlet with Caviar;
Asparagus rolled in Roast Beef

-the second option would be $13 per person and we can offer

Hot Canapés: Mexican
Meatballs; Breaded Fried
Shrimp; Chicken Samosas; Mini
Crab Cakes
Cold Canapés: Smoked
Salmon & Guacamole on
Crostini; Cocktail Prawns in
Curry Cocktail Sauce; Brie with
Walnuts & Grapes"

[quote name='niksmom630']This pricing may be outdated, as it is from November, 2012, (Liberty of the Seas concierge provide this information in quotes below via e-mail)--however gives you some ideas of the cost of the appetizer packages, and drink packages with bartender:

"We can have beers, wine, champagne sent to the suite. If you would like to have mixed drinks we can arrange it as well ( house brand reception $12.25 per person), but in this case we do have to have a bartender ( $50 per hours) and a Head bartender ($125 per hour) available to assist you.

We can arrange to have some hot and cold canapes and there would be a charge of $12 per person
(Hot Canapés: Breaded
Mozzarella Sticks; Deep Fried
Chicken Drummetts or Wings;
Sausage Rolls; Mini Vegetarian
Spring Rolls
Cold Canapés: Brie with Dried
Apricots & Walnuts; Baby
Shrimp Tartlet with Caviar;
Asparagus rolled in Roast Beef

-the second option would be $13 per person and we can offer

Hot Canapés: Mexican
Meatballs; Breaded Fried
Shrimp; Chicken Samosas; Mini
Crab Cakes
Cold Canapés: Smoked
Salmon & Guacamole on
Crostini; Cocktail Prawns in
Curry Cocktail Sauce; Brie with
Walnuts & Grapes"[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Very helpful and also very expensive. What I wound up doing is ordering 10 bottles of champagne from the wine package and concierge said they will have it on ice for sail away. Then I think I will order a few apps from room service.thanks again for the info!

[quote name='raerenee']Thank you! Very helpful and also very expensive. What I wound up doing is ordering 10 bottles of champagne from the wine package and concierge said they will have it on ice for sail away. Then I think I will order a few apps from room service.thanks again for the info![/QUOTE]

Yes, it is very expensive, especially the bar service! We wound up just ordering beer, and a few bottles of wine, but we did do the appetizer packages. In retrospect, we should have just ordered 1/2 dozen cheese platters and some of the spinach dip! :D

[quote name='niksmom630']Yes, it is very expensive, especially the bar service! We wound up just ordering beer, and a few bottles of wine, but we did do the appetizer packages. In retrospect, we should have just ordered 1/2 dozen cheese platters and some of the spinach dip! :D[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]
I also read a post a few months ago about a couple that had everyone bring their 2 bottles of wine and they ordered lots of the cheese plates for free through RS. They made it into a wine tasting with all the different types of wines --- sounded pretty cool.[/SIZE][/FONT]