Vancouver Retseraunts

mandrews2u

Shangai Chinese Bistro. They specialize in noodles they make themselves. Absolutely the best wantons I've ever tasted. Get them with the pepper sauce. Honestly, I can't remember anything else we ate, but those sambal wantons or whatever they called them were amazing! It's walking distance from the Sutton Place which is where we stayed.

We had lunch in Hon's Wun Tun house. Best chinese we have had since leaving NYC 31 years ago! Super soups, won tons, noodles, etc. They serve tea in a large glass! Haven't seen that in years. They have 4 restaurants but we went to the one on Robson St. and we highly recommend it. Oh, and it's cheap, too. Just got the credit card bill with the exchange rate and the extra 3% and lunch came to $17.00 for two. Soup for 2, 12 won tons, and a large protion of Chow Fun.

thanks for the great recommendations. The concierge at the hotel we're staying, The Listel, also recommended the Shanghai to me this afternoon. I'm looking for a great place for dim sum with innovative decor.

There are a lot of great restaurants in Vancouver

in the downtown (Westend) of Vancovuer I enjoy going the Stone Grill which is under the Granville Street Bridge and right on the shore of False Creek overlooking the marina and the Burrard Street Bridge, for seafood I always take company to The Cannery on Comissioner Street (a cab ride from downtown).

First.. the listel is a GREAT hotel.

Just a block away is the Empire Landmark, the food is very expensive but the drinks are resonable and the view from the cloud nine resturant is unbeatable. Not far from you on denman is a whole block of resonable bistros and grills. I would reccomend on, but they are all terriffic.

Down robson a few blocks back towards downtown up on the second floor of a building is Red Robin, altho they advertise they are GOURMET hamburgers, the food is food, and quite resonable. the atmosphere is great as well.

Have a great time, vancouver is my favorite city!

-Reenieking

Toronto Ont.

Cruising Alaska Sept 2005

Archived