Carnival check-in at Miami Airport?

rubygigi

I was reading the travel docs for our upcoming cruise on the Liberty out of Miami. It talks about checking in at the airport instead of the port if you are arriving on the day of the cruise (I'd C&P but it's not letting me from the PDF)? Has anyone done this before? Is it easier than just taking a taxi to the port and doing it there? Also, is this only for those who have purchased Carnival transfers? We were just planning on using a taxi instead of a transfer. Thanks so much!

We did it a few weeks back and its not that bad.Its near the baggage claim. If you have more than one person in your group, have someone get in line while the others get your baggage. The line builds up fast. If you have the FTTF there is a seperate line for you, but the signage isnt the best.

It is wonderful. When you get to baggage claim, it is on the left. I went there first and there was no one in line. It literally took five minutes to get checked in and have sail & sign card in hand. You can take whatever transportation that you like. There is a set fare for taxi from airport to port. We did a quick stop at CVS which is about 1/2 mile off the route to the port and bought bottled water and when we arrived, we dropped off luggage and bypassed all lines to board. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

We used this check in service at the airport and its identical to the cruise terminal. You can check in there and get a taxi. If you have FTTF or diamond club you can use the priority vip line, which saves some time

AZmike480