savings certificates and discounts

charleyroo

hi all and a merry christmas to you

I was booking a cruise last night and tried it with and without my c&a number and savings certificate code and I got the same price either way! is anyone else getting the same thing or is it time for me to ring RCCL?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

We have found the website seems to remember your details even if you have signed out. It picked up our balcony discount without us putting anything in the boxes. So even if you think you have signed out and want to have a sneaky look it may have picked up the cookie still. The best way may be to check on a different computer somewhere?

If in doubt, give them a ring. The website is driving people crazy lately, us included. We are getting the lockout message that others have talked about for weeks now. We can't see our reservation and we can't book restaurants.

Also, if you ring and don't like the invoice you get emailed, as was our case, ring again, and don't be afraid to talk to someone else. Our problems were fixed up quickly by another consultant. The hold on our credit card gave us grief for a few days, but when it came through properly the charge was correct, not the extra roughly $400 that was on hold.

We have had to be on hold for a while, but when you get an RCI consultant they are generally very helpful.

The best thing is to use Chome with incognito mode (press <ctrl>-<Shift>-N

That starts an incognito window, which blocks all your current cookies and settings, and stores no cookies at all.

This way you can see what a website does when you have not returned.

We have found the website seems to remember your details even if you have signed out. It picked up our balcony discount without us putting anything in the boxes. So even if you think you have signed out and want to have a sneaky look it may have picked up the cookie still. The best way may be to check on a different computer somewhere?

If in doubt, give them a ring. The website is driving people crazy lately, us included. We are getting the lockout message that others have talked about for weeks now. We can't see our reservation and we can't book restaurants.

Also, if you ring and don't like the invoice you get emailed, as was our case, ring again, and don't be afraid to talk to someone else. Our problems were fixed up quickly by another consultant. The hold on our credit card gave us grief for a few days, but when it came through properly the charge was correct, not the extra roughly $400 that was on hold.

We have had to be on hold for a while, but when you get an RCI consultant they are generally very helpful.

There are functions on the browser to erase cookies and history. When ever I have problems with a web site, I erase the cookies and history and everything works OK again. I suspect that most of the problems with people complaining about the RCL website would be fixed by doing this.

I never wait for a particuliar agent at the RCL phoneline. Whoever picks up the call can and does help with whatever I need.

Edited by edjny

The best thing is to use Chome with incognito mode (press <ctrl>-<Shift>-N

That starts an incognito window, which blocks all your current cookies and settings, and stores no cookies at all.

This way you can see what a website does when you have not returned.

Google lets you do something that they can't track???

hi all

just to follow up - apparently there are loads of issues with applying savings certificates over the website but if you call them they can apply the certificate so long as you aren't on a special discounted rate.

and my higher invoice was a mistake on their part :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app