BVE - Royal Princess - 2 questions

The4OfUs

Good morning!

My TA was able to book my MIL & FIL for the Bon Voyage Experience on our upcoming Royal Princess cruise - and they had 2 questions. Rather than wait for a response from my TA, thought I'd ask here:

1. Is there day parking, or a parking area close to the ship?
  2. Do they have to register online as if they were going on the cruise?

And one question from us - do they board differently than us? We're in a full suite, so I know we have preferred boarding, but just not sure if they come with us, or we go with them.

Thank you!! :D

Nikki

Good morning!

My TA was able to book my MIL & FIL for the Bon Voyage Experience on our upcoming Royal Princess cruise - and they had 2 questions. Rather than wait for a response from my TA, thought I'd ask here:

1. Is there day parking, or a parking area close to the ship? yes... link to info: http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/
  2. Do they have to register online as if they were going on the cruise? Yes

And one question from us - do they board differently than us? We're in a full suite, so I know we have preferred boarding, but just not sure if they come with us, or we go with them.

You can all board together.

Nikki

See above in red...wishing you all a wonderful time :)

Good morning!

1. Is there day parking, or a parking area close to the ship?
  2. Do they have to register online as if they were going on the cruise?

Nikki

I have done several BVEs, including royal. It is 99% likely that Royal will be at berth 2 in Port Everglades. You in-laws need to park in the north port parking garage which is adjacent to both berth 2, and the broward county convention center. In the garage, park at the southeast corner, as that elevator is closest to where you enter for BVE. Garage is like $3 for first hour, up to $15/day. Don't wait in any line outside the building, announce yourself as BVE to the shore staff at the door, and you should go right in. Keep asking for BVE one inside, as those folks are grouped together and board early. Don't mix in with the masses. I don't usually take the ship tour offered, but on Royal, it was worthwhile. It included going through the sanctuary, and seeing the cabanas and treatment rooms. I don't know if ordinarily a regular guest will be allowed to tour that area without signing up for the sanctuary.

Edited by pablo222