Inside room

nickiefriend

We stayed in an inside cabin on our first cruise and it didn't bother us one bit. I wouldn't mind them on shorter trips but 5 days or more, I'm looking to have some kind of window. They are budget friendly. And the portholes and 4Js are great options for a room with inside pricing with a window. As for the darkness, keep the t.v. on or pack a couple of night lights. The ship time can always be found on the t.v. so don't worry about that either. None of the rooms have clocks.

We are cruising in March and this will be our first inside room. The first time we had an ocean view, and the last time we had an aft balcony. I have to admit that the aft was nice, but we honestly just did not use it enough to justify the cost.

For those of you that have done all of the above, how were with the inside room?

Personally, I find it dreadful. No natural light, and you can never tell what time it is. It's almost like vacationing in a large closet.

Yet others say they like it. To each their own.

We have stayed inside and it is not bad, you can turn to the TV to the ships exterior camera channel and its like having a window! It is awesome for sleeping in because you don't have to worry about the sun waking you up. Also we are not in our room much so it isn't a big deal to us.

I may sound crazy but I would choose an inside over a balcony even if they were the same price. I cruise solo and would never use my balcony and love how dark the rooms are for sleeping. I love being up on deck and in the action meeting new people. If I were travelling with a wife or girlfriend I'm sure my answer would change. lol

We are cruising in March and this will be our first inside room. The first time we had an ocean view, and the last time we had an aft balcony. I have to admit that the aft was nice, but we honestly just did not use it enough to justify the cost.

For those of you that have done all of the above, how were with the inside room?

For us an inside is fine. We do not do anything in the room but sleep.

So, the lights are off and its dark anyway! :p

If we get a good deal on an OV or balcony we would take it.

• 11 months later...

Booked a "guarantee" inside on Glory and to our surprise were assigned an inside handicapped room (though not handicapped). Shower in the bathroom was big enough to wash the entire Russian Army. Plenty of floor space in the cabin, too. Less closet space than in regular cabins. It was the only time we had an inside; found it very quiet, very, very dark -- great especially for midday napping. Not having a window or balcony did not effect our enjoyment of the cruise -- didn't spend much time in the cabin when not supine.