Pride of America balcony question

BPCooper

I am looking to sail on the Pride of America/Hawaii and am trying to find better information on balcony plans. No matter which one you choose, balcony, large balcony, family balcony, when you click on NCL it has the same photo and floor plan. Can anyone describe or show photos of the differences if they are visible?

Is the difference between 'balcony' and 'large balcony' (or family as well) the size of the balcon itself? The square-footage difference is 60 extra ft on the large, it says.

Are there any balconies that do not have the tight, claustrophobic balcony walls separating the neighbor balconies? In otherwords, are there any rooms where the outside balcony is one long open balcony that neighboring rooms all share?

Thank you.

Edited by BPCooper

I am looking to sail on the Pride of America/Hawaii and am trying to find better information on balcony plans. No matter which one you choose, balcony, large balcony, family balcony, when you click on NCL it has the same photo and floor plan. Can anyone describe or show photos of the differences if they are visible?

Is the difference between 'balcony' and 'large balcony' (or family as well) the size of the balcon itself? The square-footage difference is 60 extra ft on the large, it says.

Are there any balconies that do not have the tight, claustrophobic balcony walls separating the neighbor balconies? In otherwords, are there any rooms where the outside balcony is one long open balcony that neighboring rooms all share?No, the balconies are all private.

Thank you.

There is a website that shows actual pictures of many of the rooms. You have to google it, but look for cruise ship deck plans and you should find what you need.

Edited by rvsullivan

I do not remember the category, but we were in what I suspect is a "large balcony" on deck 11 of the POA. It was one of two cabins between suite cabins, and we were traveling with the other cabin and the suite (so I don't remember if we were 11518, 11514, all a blur!)

That being said, it was the *largest* balcony I have ever had on a regular balcony cabin. We had two lounge chairs and two regular chairs, much like a suite; it was as deep as the suite balcony, but not as wide. Made the sting of the POA's pricing a little less.

Was it as wondrous as the two balconies on the Jewel OS the year before? No, but until I win the lottery, I won't be sailing an OS on the POA. :)

happy cruising,

el henry

Thanks for the quick replies. El Henry, did you take a photo of yours by chance? I was able to find a few photos online but not many.

Unfortunately, I do not have photos. You will hear from almost everyone on a POA cruise, because you want to wring every last minute from the islands, the cabins fall by the wayside for photo taking. (exception being the super duper cabins and the controversy about one/two bedrooms.)

Although the balcony was great, the cabin itself was a typical NCL balcony cabin, teeny weeny, but again, early to bed, early to rise, early to see the islands, and not in the cabin so much. Also, except for Kona and Kauai, the ports are industrial and not much to see from the balcony. Still nice, however!

el henry

I will try to finish my review of POA (11/30/13-12/07/13) this week. We had a 2BR aft family suite with wrap balcony, and it was awesome! However, if I take this cruise again, I don't think I would bother with anything other than a regular balcony because we were off the ship most of the time, and the ship only sails at night (so nothing to see except the last day when we sailed at 2pm.) I did enjoy our balcony, but felt it wasn't worth the price for a cruise with no sea days to really experience it. Not much is done in the room on this itinerary except showering and sleeping.