Transport my FAU student from Jupiter to FLL or port

indycdca

Looking for the cheapest way to get my son (who will be staying with a student at Floriday Atlantic University) from Jupiter to meet me at either the airport, a hotel, or the cruise ship. This is what I have come up with

1) Taxi cost is about $130

2) Private car service about $180

3) He could take a bus from the university to the northern most Tri-Rail Station in West Palm Beach. This would take two hours by bus to the Tri-Rail and then another 2 hours on the train, and would be the cheapest at $5 for the Tri-Rail. But too much hassle

4) My other child and I were going to fly into FLL and get a transport to Port Everglades on same day, however, I could fly in the day before to PBI, rent a car from there and then pick him up in Jupiter and then drive to Port Everglades, renting from a company who will take us to the ship. and then would have to pay for a hotel in either PBI/Jupiter or FLL depending on where I end up. I'm guessing this would cost about $70 for the one day car rental and about $100-$120 for the hotel night. IS THERE A CHEAPER, EAISER WAY??? HELP

Looking for the cheapest way to get my son (who will be staying with a student at Floriday Atlantic University) from Jupiter to meet me at either the airport, a hotel, or the cruise ship. This is what I have come up with

1) Taxi cost is about $130

2) Private car service about $180

3) He could take a bus from the university to the northern most Tri-Rail Station in West Palm Beach. This would take two hours by bus to the Tri-Rail and then another 2 hours on the train, and would be the cheapest at $5 for the Tri-Rail. But too much hassle

4) My other child and I were going to fly into FLL and get a transport to Port Everglades on same day, however, I could fly in the day before to PBI, rent a car from there and then pick him up in Jupiter and then drive to Port Everglades, renting from a company who will take us to the ship. and then would have to pay for a hotel in either PBI/Jupiter or FLL depending on where I end up. I'm guessing this would cost about $70 for the one day car rental and about $100-$120 for the hotel night. IS THERE A CHEAPER, EAISER WAY??? HELP

Florida Express Bus dot com trip 101 south and 201 north

Tri-rail would be perfect if it ran a couple stops further north--a sentiment shared by tons of commuters in Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. Maybe your son could find one of his or his roomate's friends with a car who could drive him to Tri-rail for $20-25 gas money.

It's good to fly in the day before the cruise anyway in case there are flight delays, so I would do option 4. You should be able to get a PBI area or Jupiter hotel at a lower rate than FLL. Pick up your son in the morning and head to the port together.

Edited by royalcruz