Carnival magic- Belize Cruise

Beachlover76

Belize is a tough port. First you need a 30 min tender ride or so.

Then all the best things to do are quite a distance from the port. I'm paranoid about getting back late.

Cave Tubing - an hour away.

Water Taxi to beaches - 30-45 min ride, depending on where you go. We've got an hour and 15 min boat ride, but the boat leaves and returns to the mainland, so no worries about water taxi schedules. Luckily, we have 10 hours in port.

I agree that there's nothing to do in Belize City (where you'll tender).

I strongly recommend doing a shore excursion. My suggestions would be either cave tubing or the zip line canopy tour...but of course that's my taste, ymmv.

The ships anchor off shore and you have a 20 to 30 minute tender ride to shore. By the time you include getting through the line to get to the tender plan on about 1 hour total, plus you need to get a tender ticket. If you want a full day excursion book through Carnival so you get priority on the tenders. If a shorter excursion like cave tubing, Altun Ha or zoo, etc. you should be OK on a private excursion. Some cruise line excursions pick up from the cruise ship instead of having to tender first.

QUOTE=Beachlover76;41125762]Heading out on the magic on Feb. 23rd. Need to know what city that magic docks in Belize. Trying to plan my day.

Just got off the Carnival Magic yesterday. In Belize our party of two adults and three kids ages 7, 12, and 13 went on a private tour with a great guy named Ivar. I had read about him on CC and sent him an email. It was all last minute confirmations so I was pretty nervous about it all. The meeting place wasn't very specific so I had to ask around and everyone was very helpful. Even other tour operators. We were doing the Shark Alley snorkle by boat and stopped for lunch on Caye Caulker. The boat wasn't really fancy. The crew were amazing. Ivar treated us like we were someone important. We stopped close to the reef for snorkling. Lots of coral and fish. Ivar did a great job helping my husband and the two boys. I stayed on the boat with my granddaughter. Then we made another stop in shallow water to be in the water with the sharks and there was also some stingrays. We were offered water, pineapple and chips and salsa. We then were off to Caye Caulker for lunch. I had stewed chicken with red beans and rice-yummy. We had about hour and half to explore the island. We never made it to the beach but had a great time. Perfect little Caribbean scene. On our way back to shore we spotted dolphins that were "wild" They stopped the boat and we watched the six dolphins swim and jump around our boat. It was wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better day. They are very conscious about time. The email that I used was pbuay@yahoo.com