Patters Too Big To Upload

LollyMoz

Odd, very odd. :confused:

I just posted two Patters to a Roll Call asking for them (so they could plan a Cabin Crawl around the ship's more popular activities.

They were PDFs, one was 568kb and the other, 614kb. It worked fine.

I attached using the "paper clip" icon in the toolbar.

(Mine are Caribbean Princess Patters from December, not Ruby Princess - anyone want these?)

Just tried this again, and got the same message - upload of file failed. Dang it! Very frustrating. But I have sent them to those that asked - hope I didn't miss anyone...

Just tried this again, and got the same message - upload of file failed. Dang it! Very frustrating. But I have sent them to those that asked - hope I didn't miss anyone...

PDFs are usually not very big, but make sure yours are not larger than 2MB as that is the largest size allowed for an individual upload to the Cruise Critic web site.

There is a free service called Dropbox that will create a folder on your computer. Everything you put in that folder will be saved to the "cloud," and also copied to any other computer you have that has Dropbox. This is a great way to share large files.

One of the folders inside the Dropbox folder is a folder called "public." You can create additional subfolders inside the "public" folder. You can right-click any file in the "public" folder and "copy public link" and share a link to that file. For example, here is a link to a photo I took on a Thanksgiving 2012 cruise on the Caribbean Princess:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28228023/travel/Aruba%20cruise/20121122_105727.jpg

Here is a link you can use to get Dropbox for free:

https://db.tt/ZUkbZwZ

(Note: If you use my link to sign up for Dropbox I will get a small amount of additional free storage. Feel free to go directly to their site. You will get the same amount of free storage either way).

THANKS! Just signed up for future use with patters! MIKE