Patters Too Big To Upload

LollyMoz

Sorry gang, I know that I promised Patters and I do have them in pdf format, but sadly even the smallest file exceeds CC's KB limit. I don't have a smart phone, nor do I have my camera here at work with me, but I'm happy to send them via e-mail if anyone wants them that way. Sorry for the inconvenience! :o

The method for posting large graphics is to upload them to an online photo sharing site, obtain a direct link to the graphics, and enter the direct link in your post. When composing your post, you would paste that link into popup window that appears after clicking on the Insert Image icon at the top of the message composing window.

Sounds a bit complicated, but it's really quite easy once you've done it.

Lew

The method for posting large graphics is to upload them to an online photo sharing site, obtain a direct link to the graphics, and enter the direct link in your post. When composing your post, you would paste that link into popup window that appears after clicking on the Insert Image icon at the top of the message composing window.

Sounds a bit complicated, but it's really quite easy once you've done it.

Lew

Thanks, Lew - I did try that, but because they are formatted in pdf format from our scanner here at work, Flickr didn't recognize them and they would not upload (showed them as "bad file"). :(

Sorry gang, I know that I promised Patters and I do have them in pdf format, but sadly even the smallest file exceeds CC's KB limit. I don't have a smart phone, nor do I have my camera here at work with me, but I'm happy to send them via e-mail if anyone wants them that way. Sorry for the inconvenience! :o

There is a free service called Dropbox that will create a folder on your computer. Everything you put in that folder will be saved to the "cloud," and also copied to any other computer you have that has Dropbox. This is a great way to share large files.

One of the folders inside the Dropbox folder is a folder called "public." You can create additional subfolders inside the "public" folder. You can right-click any file in the "public" folder and "copy public link" and share a link to that file. For example, here is a link to a photo I took on a Thanksgiving 2012 cruise on the Caribbean Princess:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28228023/travel/Aruba%20cruise/20121122_105727.jpg

Here is a link you can use to get Dropbox for free:

https://db.tt/ZUkbZwZ

(Note: If you use my link to sign up for Dropbox I will get a small amount of additional free storage. Feel free to go directly to their site. You will get the same amount of free storage either way).

I would love to have an email. User638477 at aol dot com. Thank you!!

There is a free service called Dropbox that will create a folder on your computer. Everything you put in that folder will be saved to the "cloud," and also copied to any other computer you have that has Dropbox. This is a great way to share large files.

One of the folders inside the Dropbox folder is a folder called "public." You can create additional subfolders inside the "public" folder. You can right-click any file in the "public" folder and "copy public link" and share a link to that file. For example, here is a link to a photo I took on a Thanksgiving 2012 cruise on the Caribbean Princess:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28228023/travel/Aruba%20cruise/20121122_105727.jpg

Here is a link you can use to get Dropbox for free:

https://db.tt/ZUkbZwZ

(Note: If you use my link to sign up for Dropbox I will get a small amount of additional free storage. Feel free to go directly to their site. You will get the same amount of free storage either way).

Same question - will they upload pdf files? Because Flickr, the site I currently use, will not; only jpg or other photo formats.

Dropbox is wonderful for lots of purposes- for your personal travel- using the private area- individual "folders"- I store all my travel documents, itinerary- instructions for house sitter- etc- and then I can access them on my phone, ipad and computer- plus can share them with family and friends when necessary-

and.. for business purposes, can put large documents in separate folders- and share them with clients and customers- and you have with you what you sent - so when you get a call while you are away from your computer- you know what you sent-

one danger- once you have shared the folder- the person you have shared with can delete or change the document- just something to keep in mind-

My scanner will save a file as a jpeg as the default, or I can select pdf. After I scanned the Patters from my last cruise, I used photobucket to upload them as well as the photos from my camera Each one I wanted to upload here, I individually clicked on the link to post in a forum, and pasted the link (up to five or six per post). When I clicked on "submit reply," the images came up here in a regular size (and not as thumbnails).

we are booked on the Ruby for November this fall. To Stl Marteen and St. Thomas.

We have been there many times. they are still my favorite ports. I look forward to seeing them again. I would love to have copies of your Patters.

amberteka@aol.com.

that is a very thoughtful thing for you to do...to send them around.

Thank you in advance.

Odd, very odd. :confused:

I just posted two Patters to a Roll Call asking for them (so they could plan a Cabin Crawl around the ship's more popular activities.

They were PDFs, one was 568kb and the other, 614kb. It worked fine.

I attached using the "paper clip" icon in the toolbar.

(Mine are Caribbean Princess Patters from December, not Ruby Princess - anyone want these?)

Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu