What to do in Hamburg

janny444

Hi...can anyone please say what there is do to....either ship or private tour...when we are in Hamburg. I have had a quick look on the POC thread but I haven't seen anything that says....someone else asked a similar question but has received no replies.

Hi...can anyone please say what there is do to....either ship or private tour...when we are in Hamburg. I have had a quick look on the POC thread but I haven't seen anything that says....someone else asked a similar question but has received no replies.

Hamburg is a big city and has lots of interesting things to do dependeing of your tastes. How long will you be there? Where is your ship docking?

If you are only one day there, you could try to visit the city center. Although public transportation is very developed in Germany, it is a disadvantage if you do not speak German,so I guess in that case you would be better with a ship excursion.

The Hafenstadt (more or less CityPort) is also a nice place were you can walk and enjoy a day. This is very nice if you dock there. Some ships dock at Altona. From Altona you would have to take public transportation or taxi to go to the city center. If I would not speak German, I would prefer to take a ship excursion.

Hamburg is a big city and has lots of interesting things to do dependeing of your tastes. How long will you be there? Where is your ship docking?

If you are only one day there, you could try to visit the city center. Although public transportation is very developed in Germany, it is a disadvantage if you do not speak German,so I guess in that case you would be better with a ship excursion.

The Hafenstadt (more or less CityPort) is also a nice place were you can walk and enjoy a day. This is very nice if you dock there. Some ships dock at Altona. From Altona you would have to take public transportation or taxi to go to the city center. If I would not speak German, I would prefer to take a ship excursion.

Hi Travelberlin,

Hope you don't mind me asking a question. We will be in Hamburg on 5 or 6th October. Think Octoberfest will stillbs going on. Any tips will be most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Travelberlin,

Hope you don't mind me asking a question. We will be in Hamburg on 5 or 6th October. Think Octoberfest will stillbs going on. Any tips will be most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

I wish I could help you, but I have never been in Hamburg for Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest is more important in the area of Bavaria but I assume there must be some kind of celebration also in Hamburg.