Iah Or Hou For Port Of Houston Cruise

STORMYH6

We're taking a cruise later this year out of the Port of Houston (on NCL). Is it better to fly into IAH, & buy a transfer from the cruiseline to the port, or fly into HOU and stay at a local hotel, get a ride to the port, etc. (NCL won't transfer from HOU to the port, but they will trf from the ship at the end of the cruise to HOU).

That ncl transfer thing is totally unbelievable: I have never understood it, but it has been in place for quite awhile. I would fly into Hobby without a doubt. You can actually rent a car at Hobby and drop it off near the port. The rental company will take you back to the port. It is Enterprise that does this and the price last year was only about $25 for a small car. The problem, you may have to call Enterprise 800 number and tell them you want to pick it up at Hobby and drop it off at La Porte (I think that is the name of the place) then if they give you some outlandish price find the La Porte or Seaside Enterprise rental place and call them. It did take a little investigating, but was well worth it. We got the information right here on CC. Try posting this message on the the NCL site and see what answers you get. Hope this helps a bit. NMnita

Dear lord, please please PLEASE do not purchase a ticket to IAH for a Houston cruise! You'll be traveling across half the state of Texas (or so it will seem). Hobby Airport is a short distance from the cruise terminal. This airport is the one you want to use for Houston or Galveston cruises.

Thanks for your reply. I originally planned on flying into Hobby but NCL would not trf us to the ship. (Wierd because they will trf us from the ship to Hobby when it returns from the cruise but they won't trf us to the ship when we arrive prior to the cruise.) NCL also told me it was about a $60 cab ride. Also, I noticed that most hotels didn't offer a shuttle svc. I have 16 people going -- I'll ck with Enterprise. Maybe we could rent a cpl of vans.

Thanks for your reply. I originally planned on flying into Hobby but NCL would not trf us to the ship. (Wierd because they will trf us from the ship to Hobby when it returns from the cruise but they won't trf us to the ship when we arrive prior to the cruise.) NCL also told me it was about a $60 cab ride. Also, I noticed that most hotels didn't offer a shuttle svc. I have 16 people going -- I'll ck with Enterprise. Maybe we could rent a cpl of vans.

Good luck, we rented a van for 6 or us and it was about $80, still a heck of alot cheaper than taxies or anything else. You are right, none of the hotels offer service as it is a pretty good trip even from Hobby.

Nita

Just so you know, the Enterprise location you want to use to return your vehicle is the Seabrook location. There is a La Porte location, but it is not open on Saturday's (it's actually a desk located in a local car dealership).

Jana

Archived