Access to the Sanctuary

peterspca90732

Is it possible to buy access to the Sanctuary for an entire cruise, or is the only open to pay by the period each day that it used? Particularly interested as we are booked on the Island Princess full transit departing Ft Lauderdale January 31st.
Yes. You can buy it for the entire cruise; several are set aside for just that. Usual cost on the Island is $20/day. Booking for the whole cruise is $15/day. On a Panama Canal cruise, the "whole cruise" does not include Canal day. You have to buy that separately. I think it's something like $75/day.

A suggestion is to select a lounger on Sun deck with the curtains. You'll have sun most of the day, even under the overhang, on this cruise and direction. Bring a bathing suit so you can enjoy the pool.

Yes. You can buy it for the entire cruise; several are set aside for just that. Usual cost on the Island is $20/day. Booking for the whole cruise is $15/day. On a Panama Canal cruise, the "whole cruise" does not include Canal day. You have to buy that separately. I think it's something like $75/day.

A suggestion is to select a lounger on Sun deck with the curtains. You'll have sun most of the day, even under the overhang, on this cruise and direction. Bring a bathing suit so you can enjoy the pool.

Any suggestions for selecting a lounger on the Caribbean - would love a bit of sun and a bit of shade if possible...if not, then in the shade. Thanks for your advice.

Any suggestions for selecting a lounger on the Caribbean - would love a bit of sun and a bit of shade if possible...if not, then in the shade. Thanks for your advice.
The advice I've gotten from attendants to avoid wind and possibly rain is directly behind the forward windscreens (does not apply to the Island or Coral which have Sanctuaries aft, not forward.) On the Royal, I reserved a lounger in back of the front loungers and got caught in the rain. Those who had loungers right behind the windscreen had the best views and didn't get wet so the advice I'd received appears to be the case.

If you want more sun (or shade), the attendants will move your lounger or allow you to use one that's unused in the sun. Those in the shade tend to be booked first so it would be easier to get some sun if you want than the other way around.

Edited by Pam in CA

Is it possible to buy access to the Sanctuary for an entire cruise, or is the only open to pay by the period each day that it used? Particularly interested as we are booked on the Island Princess full transit departing Ft Lauderdale January 31st.

Yes you can but you have to run up there when you board.

• 4 weeks later...

Pam,

Do you know if you buy it for the entire cruise, can you also buy canal day at the same time or is that a first come, first serve on canal day?

David

Seems to depend on who is taking bookings. They offered it to use when we booked whole cruise, but I've seen reports of FC/FS.

Pam,

Do you know if you buy it for the entire cruise, can you also buy canal day at the same time or is that a first come, first serve on canal day?

David

If you book for the entire cruise, you can book Canal Day at the same time. It'll be charged separately. At least that's what all of us who had booked for the cruise and also wanted Canal day were able to do.

They did open at 6:30 Canal Day on our trip - we hadn't booked it so not sure what was on offer that early.
Thanks. I did book it for Canal day and went up at about 9am. I don't remember their saying they'd be open early but then I wasn't planning to be up that early so I probably wasn't paying attention.

Yes you can but how fast can you run.

It might be up to the stewards. Unlike other days on Canal day they are all on duty all day and don't have to work the buffet. Since there are a bunch of different people its a good chance to earn extra service fees and tips.

Thanks. I did book it for Canal day and went up at about 9am. I don't remember their saying they'd be open early but then I wasn't planning to be up that early so I probably wasn't paying attention.