Christmas Cruising on the Conquest 2013 - Photo Review w/Fun Times

sissyfromcab

After Nassau, we had a pretty lazy afternoon. I took a nap and Travis went up to the gym to workout, then came back to chill in the room. The ship was rocking and rolling! The waves didn't look bad, but we were booking it towards St. Thomas, so that probably didn't help. Whatever was causing it, we both felt a little seasick.

I was determined to get dressed up for formal night, so we put on our nice clothes and went to see the family comedy show before dinner. It was just ok and seemed like the comedian didn't want to do "clean" comedy.

Being in the aft dining room was not helping our stomachs, but I was determined to have my lobster, so off to dinner we went. I couldn't decide on my appetizer, so had the spaghetti carbonara and the strawberry bisque. I thought spaghetti carbonara was a little bland and didn't eat much of it, but the strawberry bisque was like a smoothie in a bowl. Travis had the stuffed mushrooms and said you can't go wrong with mushrooms and cheese.

IMG_2753_zps657e7483.jpg

IMG_2755_zps387eb3c6.jpg

IMG_2754_zps2d866849.jpg

I had the lobster and shrimp and Travis had the prime rib. My lobster and shrimp was very good, but my stomach was not enjoying it as much as me and I didn't eat much of it. Travis said the prime rib was just ok, because it was too rare for his taste.

IMG_2756_zps03cfad56.jpg

IMG_2757_zps135ba728.jpg

Both of us were feeling the motion and left without having dessert.

Did the letter from carnival explain why it was so rocky?

No, that just said they were going to wash the balconies during the sea day. The captain did say something on the morning of St. Thomas, but we couldn't understand most of what he said. It was something about having to go fast to get all the way to St. Thomas in time, as best as we could understand.

That really is a spectacular shot!

Thanks! I don't have a big fancy camera, but I do like to take lots of pictures. I was disappointed that I forgot to play around with the settings on this cruise, since I got some really neat shots on our last cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday was our first sea day. Our goal for today was fairly simple: relax!

This is how our morning started off:

IMG_2762_zps202729eb.jpg

While I ate breakfast, I noticed the nice view:

IMG_2763_zpsd971e1eb.jpg

The boat was still really moving and we were both feeling it, so even if our goal hadn't been to relax, we probably still would have ended up relaxing for most of the day.

I was going to post some more, but photobucket is acting up, so I will try again tonight!

Edited by sissyfromcab

I saw the word, "Christmas," and knew I had to read your review. We will not be on the ship on Christmas, but I've never seen ships that are decorated for the holidays. We will be on the Freedom 12-13-14, returning, 12-21, so I know our ship will be decorated !

Your photos are beautiful. I'm so glad you are back. When I saw only three pages, I thought, Oh, oh, this won't be much. Wrong ! Can't wait to read more. We all understand how life kicks in. Thank you for coming back to continue the reveiw.

I saw the word, "Christmas," and knew I had to read your review. We will not be on the ship on Christmas, but I've never seen ships that are decorated for the holidays. We will be on the Freedom 12-13-14, returning, 12-21, so I know our ship will be decorated !

Your photos are beautiful. I'm so glad you are back. When I saw only three pages, I thought, Oh, oh, this won't be much. Wrong ! Can't wait to read more. We all understand how life kicks in. Thank you for coming back to continue the reveiw.

Thank you for your kind words!

While getting ready for dinner, we watched the sunset.

IMG_2811_zpsead21bc6.jpg

Snow in the Caribbean?

IMG_2818_zpsce22a25b.jpg

IMG_2820_zps582c51ae.jpg

Our first stop of the night was the Atrium, where it was supposed to snow! There were a bunch of kids down on the 3rd deck, but we stayed up on a higher deck. There was a bit of a technical difficulty getting the snow started, but eventually it came down. As someone who had grown up in Michigan, it was disappointing snow, but the kids seemed to love it and be having a blast, so we watched them for a few minutes.

After the snow, before dinner, we went to the Hasbro show. It was fun to watch, but I wish that it was in addition to a regular show, not replacing a regular show.

IMG_2826_zps578155e3.jpg

IMG_2827_zps1f8ab5ab.jpg

They played Connect 4 and Simon. At the end each winning team go to pick a Monopoly card and stick it into the bank to see who had won. The winner ended up being a guy in his early 20's and he gave the grand prize to the young kid on his team, which was really nice to see!

Finally, we were off to dinner. For our appetizers, I had the spring rolls and Travis had the shrimp cocktail.

IMG_2830_zps0fa671dc.jpg

IMG_2831_zps0d267d89.jpg

For our entrees, I had the penne mariscos and Travis had the chicken Sicilian style.

IMG_2832_zps4417cbcf.jpg

IMG_2833_zpsa13d809c.jpg

For dessert, we both had more warm chocolate melting cake.

Nothing stood out as great or awful, but it was decent.

After dinner, we got our nightly picture. I made Travis wear one of his Christmas ties and it looked good!

IMG_2823_zps2dd3b2b5.jpg

We made our way back to our room to relax. We found our towel animal of the night.

IMG_2834_zps37a6bf47.jpg

I read on the balcony for a while, and Travis went to sleep.

On the balcony we could see Allure sailing with us to St. Thomas.

IMG_2849_zps2f7865be.jpg

I like your silver dress. Also your waves didn't even look like white caps but maybe you don't need white caps for feeling the motion. I do think Conquest does feel the motion more. I have noticed that before.

I like to see other ships in the ocean. You don't feel so alone.:)

Put this one on the list of reviews that never get finished and died!

I don't know what world you're living in where you think everyone has frivolous free time to do things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
The poster explained that 'life got in the way.' She's done most of the posting recently and I believe she will finish it eventually.

I don't know what world you're living in where you think everyone has frivolous free time to do things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your patience! In the last month, I have had two tests, a project, and an exam, as well as regular homework assignments. But it was worth it, since I earned an A in the class. I will try to finish up in the next week or so, before summer semester starts. :)

We weren't scheduled to arrive in St. Thomas until late morning, so we were able to sleep in a bit and have a leisurely morning.

We noticed that Allure of the Seas was still following us.

100_1377_zpsa8a44c38.jpg

The skies alternated between sunny...

100_1378_zpsf97f3472.jpg

and not so sunny...

IMG_2857_zps4b51b0ba.jpg

We thought about going to the MDR for breakfast, but our morning was a little too leisurely and we weren't sure we would have enough time to eat, so we just headed to the buffet. At home, my mom always makes a nice breakfast for us on Christmas Day, so I had to laugh when my Christmas breakfast was a bowl of cereal, a chocolate muffin, and some melon. Sorry Mom, I'll trade your nice Christmas breakfast for spending the day in St. Thomas!

IMG_2862_zps78830d69.jpg

We never did get to the towel animals on all the deck chairs, but this morning, we did see one sitting by the pool.

IMG_2863_zps6150f603.jpg

I wanted to get a picture of us with the funnel in the background, so we made our way to the upper decks after breakfast and noticed that the pool deck was deserted!

IMG_2865_zps746f8acc.jpg

We got our picture (though we both look a little wind blown).

IMG_28711_zps4853bb1f.jpg

By this time St. Thomas was in sight.

IMG_2875_zpsf241bd34.jpg

IMG_2892_zpsc4bc7f80.jpg

IMG_2899_zps5d3e1ae5.jpg

IMG_2903_zpse292348a.jpg