A Beginner's Guide to Azamara--Quest Christmas Voyage 2013

dln929

Thank you for answering!! Thank you also for your kind words about MY reviews!! I love writing them, and I've been lucky to have been on some great cruises. I like different lines for different things.

I just read your new blog post on the Azamara site...wow, you are making it hard to resist ;-) My husband is sold on the gelato! I have a phone conversation with my go to excursion operator in Costa Rica scheduled tomorrow, and unless I hear they can't get me to Corcovado NP from Golfito, I am booking this ship:D

You should definitely book so you can take the cruise and come back and write another one of your great photo reports. (Vested interest, huh?) We too like different lines--as long as they're Royal Caribbean lines. We're trying the new Quantum of the Seas this Thanksgiving and talk about polar opposites to Azamara but I have no doubt we'll have fun.

Make sure you take advantage of the reciprocal loyalty benefits by calling Le Club Voyage beforehand!

Deirdre, thanks for such a spirited well-written review. I loved the photos also.

I have not sailed Azamara but was recently on Ocean Princess which is another Renaissance fire-sale ship and a beauty she is.

We met Azamara Journey while anchoring in Sorrento. Had to do a double-take!

Great review!

Norris

Thank you Norris. Alright I have to ask but did Journey have a better parking space than Ocean Princess? Just kidding! I know from being on the Journey in Sorrento that it's a tender port. :D

My husband & I love a holiday cruise. The local traditions are always fascinating to experience. But that said, I have very fond memories of the Christmas Fairs in southern Germany where I spent a few holidays way back in time. For me its special just to see SNOW during the holidays :)

My husband & I love a holiday cruise. The local traditions are always fascinating to experience. But that said, I have very fond memories of the Christmas Fairs in southern Germany where I spent a few holidays way back in time. For me its special just to see SNOW during the holidays :)

SNOW !!! If you love snow try Buffalo NY or Southern Ontario !! Will be happy to send some your way to enjoy if you like.

SNOW !!! If you love snow try Buffalo NY or Southern Ontario !! Will be happy to send some your way to enjoy if you like.

I'd happily SHARE the snow...maybe not ALL of it! Our big news in Northern California is rain. Now enjoying our second straight day of rain. Our house is on a well and we need the ground water. So here's to rain!

Haha Bonnie! We always want what we can't have and that's why you gravitate towards German Christmas markets and we book the Quest for the West Indies. Cold & snow is one thing I don't mind fleeing from every now and then. We've booked this itinerary again, in fact. Not for Christmas but Thanksgiving and we have to wait two years :eek: to do it. See? it must be a truly wonderful cruise on the Quest if we're willing to make it such a long engagement...

Our experience at the Baths was like yours. Way too many people, and we didnt dare put our lil bag of personal items on the ground for fear of losing it. I also thought with the waves that one could get easily hurt around the rock formations. We did the same tour at St Barts and it was money well spent. It took us awhile to find Shell Beach and oh how I wish Id have known to have water shoes. St Barts is truly one of the mostbeautiful and luxurious ports we have ever been to.

Very sad. I went to the Baths as a kid with my family. There were maybe 5-6 other people there total besides our family.

Now, I hear there is a bar/restaurant, and that it's crowded. I've even seen pictures of staircases in the rocks! Not so when we were there. We had to climb over, under, or around.