Carnival Breeze or Glory

matfel

We were on the Breeze last August and loved it, we are cruising again in August, two families, kids are 18- 23, we are debating the BReeze again or to try the Glory, we like both itineraries, the Glory is cheaper and is one day long with one more port, Anyone been on both ships, I know the Breeze is much newer and larger, any opinions comparing ships, we were in a Cove Balcony on the Breeze but with free upgrades we can get a balcony on the lido deck on the glory for the same price, just wondered

Can't compare - never been on the Breeze - but we loved the Glory October 2012 and October 2013............CD Matt is amazing if he is still the CD. Matt's assistant is fantastic too. Normally CD's don't make a difference at all to me, but Matt made each event super fun.

Cheaper and one day longer is a no brainer to me! Have a great cruise:)

Can't compare - never been on the Breeze - but we loved the Glory October 2012 and October 2013............CD Matt is amazing if he is still the CD. Matt's assistant is fantastic too. Normally CD's don't make a difference at all to me, but Matt made each event super fun.

Cheaper and one day longer is a no brainer to me! Have a great cruise:)

I realize this is off topic but I noticed you have sailed the Glory twice in October before. How was the weather? We are booked for October 2014 and I am a bit worried.

I realize this is off topic but I noticed you have sailed the Glory twice in October before. How was the weather? We are booked for October 2014 and I am a bit worried.

We are also booked 10/18/14 on the Glory...curious about the weather myself!

Haven't been on the Breeze yet, but just did the Glory last month. I agree that Matt was a great cruise director. We had one of the 6K cabins on lido deck after getting a great deal on one (otherwise we usually also do a lido deck balcony). The Glory is a nice ship, and everything was in good order that I could see. We enjoyed it very much. We had been on the Liberty, a sister ship, and loved it, too. The Liberty didn't have these 6K cabins and we had wanted to try one, so we chose the Glory, and we are glad we did. I don't have anything negative to say about the Glory other than the new dining room menus, which will be open for debate for a while I suppose. If I were going to take another Carnival ship right away, I would choose one without the new menus, but that is very subjective. It wasn't enough to ruin our cruise, and we didn't go hungry by any stretch of the imagination, just prefer the old menus.

We were on the Breeze last August and loved it, we are cruising again in August, two families, kids are 18- 23, we are debating the BReeze again or to try the Glory, we like both itineraries, the Glory is cheaper and is one day long with one more port, Anyone been on both ships, I know the Breeze is much newer and larger, any opinions comparing ships, we were in a Cove Balcony on the Breeze but with free upgrades we can get a balcony on the lido deck on the glory for the same price, just wondered

I think it would depend on what you want to get out of the ship and its itinerary. I loved the Conquest class of ships for their cruise lengths, their ports and the amount of space (due to passenger capacity). The Dream class is all about the ship and the endless list of things to do (we had a diverse age group and lots of varied interests) they had it all, but the ports where ones I had visited before and loved them anyway.

Just my two cents.

Have not been on the Breeze yet, but was on the Glory the week after Thanksgiving. We had a great time but the dinning service was real bad. We had 6:00 dining. My family of 9 waited from about 45 minutes to over and hour each night after giving our order. We had 2 small children 5 , and 18 months with us. Would you think they would bring their food as soon as they could. We had to tell them every night for them to bring it after the first 30 minutes. The 5 year old fell asleep every night before they brought it. Most people around us stop going to the dinning room it was so bad. Our waiter only had 2 tables most nights. Some nights the food came out cold. We was scared to send it back! No telling when we would have gotten out of there. The last night out Prime rib steaks was like it came out of the Frig. we had to send it back! 20 minutes later it came back to us cold but not like the first time. We are not complainers but by the 7th night guest relations came to our table (will we was waiting on our food) and we said something to the gentlman. My son got sick day 4 of the cruise we thought it was the N. virus but he was sick until we got off the ship. I thought NV lasted 24 hours? We live close to water and have several size boats , so this was not sea sickness. He gotten food poison some where on the ship. The reason I say this is his room mate never got sick! We also told the GS guy this and he wanted to know why he did not go to the infirmary ? He wanted him to go right then. so we (son and I ) finished our food (what we could eat) and went. The nurse (guy) started yelling at us! My son and I was going to leave. He wanted to know why we was leaving? My son said "I don't have to take any of your yell at me!" My son is 31 years old! Any way the nurse took his temp. and blood pressure and said you are find just the NV. Gave him Imodium. I told the nurse, he has been taking this. This is why we did not come down here. I did what you did! How can you say it was the NV by checking temp. and blood pressure? He had no clue! He did not want us to say "He got food poisoning from the food"! I did fill out Carnival evaluation when we return home. We have not heard a word from them. SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG! Other then this we had a good time.