First time and last time with Costa

wpalmer

This was our first cruise and we were disappointed. Around 75% of the ship was Italian. I never had a problem with Italians before but after spending 10 days with them, I found out they are very rude people! They bud in line, never say excuse me or sorry, and when going on excursions they like to talk when the tour guide is explaining in English.

We went to Costumer Service a few times to get information on our statements and other stuff. There was always a line up. When I asked the rep why is there only two people working for ship of 2200, she didn't have an answer and didn't really care of our concern. People were walking up to the counter without waiting in line and the reps would help them!

Also, a warning: do not stay in cabin 4250! It is directly above one of the bars that has a live band until 1:30am. The floor vibrates and you can barely hear your TV, let alone try to sleep! We mentioned this to the customer service rep and she said she will send someone with earplugs to our room!!! That topped it off for me! Other than this, the food was great, the entertainment crew are a lot of fun, and the excursions were wonderful.

i guessing you booked this without the benefit of a travel agent. ALL cruiselines have cabins over/under public areas - so in the future it will behoove you to look at the deckplans available online for virtually any ship. always, always, always look at what is above and below your cabin. avoid unmarked whitespaces on deckplans, too.

as for italians on an italian line, well, DUH.

When you book on an Italian cruise line--you live like an Italian! We are Americans but we have family in Italy and have spent time there. Things are a bit different there--if you want to be with a bunch of Americans, book on a line that caters to US citizens. If you want to enjoy a bit of culture from areas outside your "comfort zone" -- book on Costa!

Sing songs in a language you don't understand! Put on a swimsuit even if you are fat! Eat foods you really don't care for that much----but damn, enjoy your cruise!

Have to agree with the others, not realising that an Italian line sailing in Europe would have a huge number of Italians passengers is beyond naive or perhaps you thought they'd behave exactly as the people at your home do.

As for noise from the bar below, again looking at a deck plan would have avoided that. I did get caught with that once but that was because I had not appreciated that the ship had a 6 level atrium which worked as a great tunnel to transmit noise into my cabin on deck 10 from the level 3 atrium bar. I didn't go to reception to complain about that. What could they do? The ship was full so I would not get another cabin and I could hardly expect them to stop entertainment in one of the main bars every time I wanted to go to bed. What did you actually expect Ustomer services to do about you having booked a cabin over a lounge? Seems to me the offer of earplugs probably was all they could do in reality. Perhaps you expected them to kick someone else out of their cabin on a higher deck so you could move out of the cabin you had booked?