Indecisive solo traveler!

sungirl10

Help! I am looking to travel solo on most likely the NCL Breakaway out of NY in Feb since I can get there via car or train, though the cold worries me for the @ sea days so I am thinking going on the Epic out Of Miami.

Actually what I need help with is deciding the dates. I am torn between. The 2/9 sailing and the 2/16 sailing. If I do 2/9 it will be over the "hallmark holiday" Valentine's day. Does anyone think there would be mostly couples on that sailing on either the Epic or Breakaway?

I know I probably sound bitter but I am really not, I just like to have a cool social experience. The first cruise I want on solo , I met some great people who have even become cruise buddies that I have since cruise with.

any input is welcomed. Thanks!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Help! I am looking to travel solo on most likely the NCL Breakaway out of NY in Feb since I can get there via car or train, though the cold worries me for the @ sea days so I am thinking going on the Epic out Of Miami.

Actually what I need help with is deciding the dates. I am torn between. The 2/9 sailing and the 2/16 sailing. If I do 2/9 it will be over the "hallmark holiday" Valentine's day. Does anyone think there would be mostly couples on that sailing on either the Epic or Breakaway?

I know I probably sound bitter but I am really not, I just like to have a cool social experience. The first cruise I want on solo , I met some great people who have even become cruise buddies that I have since cruise with.

any input is welcomed. Thanks!

In Feb, I'd avoid flying (that's just me though) so if you can drive to NY, that's a big plus. I just got back from Breakaway (NY - Bahamas) and unless you're a must-spend-every-waking-minute-outside kind of cruiser, don't worry about the cold seadays.

The first sea day after leaving NY was cool on deck (mainly due to the wind) but if you find a relatively wind-free spot, and have a heavy-ish sweater (or even just a blanket to cover up a little, it's ok. Not sun-bathing warm by any means, but nice to be outside. Same with the last sea-day on the way back.

Thank you both for you input both very helpful. After looking at the prices of flights into Miami and Fl from Phl, I think I am going with the breakaway. I am sure I will have my share and fill of sun once I get to Fl and the Bahamas. :) I have not been on NCL so I am excited to try out the solo cabins. The ship looks Awesome as well!!!! I have done mostly RCL and since I will be solo for this trip I think I need a change!