Fly cruises

CCFC

I'm trying to work out what time I will need off work to go away over Christmas.

Looking at the Caribbean and lets say for instance the cruise says Barbados on the Saturday and sailing that day, when do the flights depart the UK and arrive in Barbados? Is it a night flight or do you fly out on the Friday and stay overnight?

Help appreciated, looking at Xmas this year.

Just done this and had a fabulous time. Now looking to book again!

You fly either on the Fri or Sat and spend 14 nights on board. We flew on the Sat and sailed that evening. At the end you either return on the Fri or Sat (that corresponds with your outbound flight) If it's on the Sat you have all day Fri in Barbados and then fly out on the Sat early eve, landing back in the UK early Sun morning...to miserable wind and rain weighing ten pounds more but with a wonderful tan and amazing memories.

So, no hotels..

Get booking-I would! (And will!)

I'm trying to work out what time I will need off work to go away over Christmas.

Looking at the Caribbean and lets say for instance the cruise says Barbados on the Saturday and sailing that day, when do the flights depart the UK and arrive in Barbados? Is it a night flight or do you fly out on the Friday and stay overnight?

Help appreciated, looking at Xmas this year.

We are flying from Birmingham via First Choice flight, at 9.50 am on a Saturday should arrive in Barbados mid afternoon, straight off plane mini buses waiting on Tarmac to take direct to ship, sail that evening around 730 -8 pm after all flights in and Muster done, on return we dock the Friday half the ship departs and new in take, have all day and night In Barbados, :). Cases left outside cabin that evening, on Saturday immigration is done and flights announced on tannoy and seascreen all very well organised they have it off to a fine art retn flight to Bhm

Is 5 ish landing Sunday morning 5.50 am

Mrs Blue Sky

We are flying from Birmingham via First Choice flight, at 9.50 am on a Saturday should arrive in Barbados mid afternoon, straight off plane mini buses waiting on Tarmac to take direct to ship, sail that evening around 730 -8 pm after all flights in and Muster done, on return we dock the Friday half the ship departs and new in take, have all day and night In Barbados, :). Cases left outside cabin that evening, on Saturday immigration is done and flights announced on tannoy and seascreen all very well organised they have it off to a fine art retn flight to Bhm

Mr Blue Sky

Hi Mr Blue Sky,

Just wanted to check with you whether this is a confirmed timing of December 2014 flight to Ventura? We're on this cruise too but there are no flights showing on our cruise personaliser. Have spoken with a rep at P&O who said the flights for us were showing on their system but the flight times wouldn't be on there yet as it was too early.

Sorry to go a bit off thread but would appreciate the info. Thanks.

PS. Just returned from the Ventura cruise over last xmas/new year and had a fab time. The flight out from Birmingham on the Saturday was at 9.30am and return from Barbados was 5.35pm, although we sat on the plane for an hour while it was fuelled up, but were only 20 minutes late arriving in B'ham on the Sunday morning.

Edited by HomelessBear
put Mrs instead of Mr. Don't want to offend.

Mrs Blue Sky

Thank you, that's just the information I was looking for :)

• 5 months later...

We are flying out on the 12th December 2014 from Birmingham. We originally had Gatwick booked on BA but change when we found out that it was a Thomson flight from Birmingham on the Dreamliner. Swigs and roundabouts Birmingham is closer to home for us and the leg room is quite good. The downside is BA you could take extra cases but you can not on Thomson. Same luggage allowance on both flights.

We are flying out on the 12th December 2014 from Birmingham. We originally had Gatwick booked on BA but change when we found out that it was a Thomson flight from Birmingham on the Dreamliner. Swigs and roundabouts Birmingham is closer to home for us and the leg room is quite good. The downside is BA you could take extra cases but you can not on Thomson. Same luggage allowance on both flights.

Hi Ildibobs, I'm just wondering were you heard you can only take one case on Thomson flights, is this only for economy passengers?

Flying Premium we get 28Kg and the maximum case weight limit is 23kg so we would have to take more than one case to not go over the weight limit for each case. This is from my CP I presumed I could take more than one case but it doesn't clarify?

Luggage: Max weight 28kg (each bag must not exceed 23kg). Hand Luggage: 1 piece, max weight 5kg, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

Thanks