Short term car parking at White Bay

I know there is no long term car parking at White Bay and there is a drop off options - however what I am trying to establish is there any "short term" car parking where someone dropping us off can park the car for around 4-6 hours into the evening ?

Unlike most lines Crystal Cruises allow pre-cleared visitors onboard and we want to show some friends and family around the Crystal Symphony and host them for dinner (we don't depart til midnight) - but we need to figure out where they can park that is close to the terminal

Any suggestions?

Edited by Bodogbodog

There is no official car park on

cruise days but there is street parking near the entrance of the terminal prescient. We have parked there when we went on a 3 day cruise with no problems but this may have changed as the terminal was very new

Cruie love

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forums mobile app

Ok - I decided to do a "site inspection" today (the Sun Princess was boarding so the terminal was open) so can now speak from first hand experience after my first visit to the terminal

It's modern enough - but there isn't much there - looked like a little coffee shop, plenty of seats and not much else. Plenty of check in counters open for the up to 2000 travellers embarking today (so boarding 800 or so onto Crystal Symphony will be a doddle!)

There is a lot (my estimate would be around 200 or so) unmetered car parks right by the terminal that are available for parking while vessels are docked. I checked with Security and they advised that parking was allowed at all times while the vessel was docked - however no parking was allowed overnight and cars had to leave by 30 minutes after departure

So that makes it easy for our visitors - parking nice and close - and unusual for anywhere in Sydney they're FREE

Navigating to the terminal itself is "interesting" - a tip for people I can give is that you must enter via James Craig Road (which is the sign posted entry for the Cruise Terminal) - even though your GPS or Google Maps may tell you to go down Roberts St (if you try that you will get turned away by Security at the gatehouse)

Thanks Bodogbodog, for your site inspection to White Bay.

We are going on there on Saturday for a P&O VIP Day and were also wondering about the parking. Your parking and navigating info was very timely and greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Marg S