vegan options on breakaway/getaway

bostonfred

The food options in general (read: included food options and majority of speciality restaurants) are the same fleetwide so you can read pretty much any experiences about special dietary restrictions on NCL.

To my understanding NCL is very good with these kind of special requests - as long as you do realize that making special requests come true on a ship with thousands of passengers means that you need to arrange or at least research things in advance and not assume that everything goes smoothly unless you give them a heads up first. NCL has a special needs desk that you can also contact in the case of dietary requirements in advance.

My daughter is a strict vegan. We were given a number to call and told to do so a month ahead of the cruise. We did, and the person my daughter spoke to went over what she could eat. They met the day we boarded as well. My daughter had cheese-less pizzas, pasta dishes, fancy veg dishes, some tofu, etc. She was thrilled. All she had to do was phone in the early afternoon and tell them where we would be dining.

My daughter is a strict vegan. We were given a number to call and told to do so a month ahead of the cruise. We did, and the person my daughter spoke to went over what she could eat. They met the day we boarded as well. My daughter had cheese-less pizzas, pasta dishes, fancy veg dishes, some tofu, etc. She was thrilled. All she had to do was phone in the early afternoon and tell them where we would be dining.

Wow! Wonderful!

Could you please share the phone number so we can also contact them prior to our Epic cruise?

We are not vegan, but vegetarians.

If not on this forum, you can also email me : anandaindonesia at yahoo dot com.

Thank you.

That's great news. We are booked on a family get together on The Breakaway in September. We are 9 adults of which we have 1 vegetarian & 1 vegan. It would be so helpful if you could pass on the phone #.

My daughter cruised with us five years ago (she is in her 30"s). I am sure that if you call NCL they will direct your call to the proper person. And I do not think that a vegetarian has anything to worry about. There are always vegetarian options. Vegans, however, or those with food allergies, are more limited.

I sailed on the Breakaway last summer with a vegan, a vegetarian and someone allergic to shellfish. The pre-concierge told me over the phone that vegan options were not available....BUT...I attended our Meet and Greet and spoke with several food officers. Poof! My vegan daughter had special meals at every restaurant the staff know we would be going to complete with a menu delivered to the suite in the morning. The vegetarian and shrimp-allergic guest had special meals for the Cirque show as well.

If you find any difficulty with arranging things prior to the cruise, I encourage you to reach out to the higher up staff and speak with them once on board. The Meet and Greet was a great way to have many of them in one place at one time!

Enjoy!:)