Cruising Solo ...

I'm travelling on my first ever cruise on Pacific Dawn in August this year. I'm travelling on my own, and have a cabin to myself. I'm excited, but also a bit anxious and nervous, and a bit stressed. Am I stressing unnecessarily? Will I feel totally like a fish out of water, or will there be other 50-something people on board travelling solo like me do you think?

Edited by Koalasrule

Koalas rule. Please don't be anxious about travelling solo. I think there will be heaps of people to mingle with. Depending on what you do; Zumba, line dancing, trivia etc, people will be looking for others to team up with.

Even though I cruised with a partner, we had different interests, so I was often out & about w.out him & him w.out me.

:) have a fantastic cruise.

I have done two cruises solo, it's great having a balcony cabin all to myself.

Double the price though!

Check on roll calls here for your cruise and you certainly won't be on your own.:)

Edit; I see you have already started a rollcall, just hang on in there, sure to be more takers as time approaches.

Edited by yatchet

Hi I cruised Down Under and did the Transpacific on Celebrity Mercury a few years back as a solo. No worries mate! I loved it, and could meet up with new friends for trivia contests, or do my own thing. By the way, I am one of those 50+ also! Enjoy yourself and have a marvelous time! I love to cruise solo!

There is a different attitude on ships. We find that nearly anytime we go anywhere, from things like trivia, to any dining location, we have chats with people nearby. It is just a non threatening atmosphere where people are so much friendlier than on land.

My hubby likes to chat on public transport in the cities on land, but he usually gets looked at weirdly. We are from the country where going down the street always involves a chat!

So I would say don't be too nervous, you will find people very welcoming. We also do separate things sometimes on board, and also often chat to people who are travelling with a partner but they are doing different activities.

It is sometimes easier to travel alone and you get to meet more people and have a better time. People who go on holidays are always relaxed and laid back and are more open to getting to know fellow travellers. Passengers seem to stick together well on cruises and look after each other. There is something different about being on a ship and mingling. Cruising is probably the most social holiday you could ever go on.

It is sometimes easier to travel alone and you get to meet more people and have a better time. People who go on holidays are always relaxed and laid back and are more open to getting to know fellow travellers. Passengers seem to stick together well on cruises and look after each other. There is something different about being on a ship and mingling. Cruising is probably the most social holiday you could ever go on.

You have a lot more free time than you usually do. No rush!

Yes, it can be. I suggest you do either an early or late seating (large table) rather than Select /anytime dining so that you are automatically at a table with others every night.:D