Bodden Private Tour

meliss35

I'd like to know too! Especially if the West End (is that the right name?) is worth visiting?

Yes please, me too, I only have two things I want to do, 1) run right to west bay beach and get some snorkling in before it gets crowded, and 2) hit a grocery store and pick up some coffee to bring home.

Zip lining and a monkey zoo do not really have any appeal to me, but I would be up for almost anything else. Also looking for resturant recomendations as well. Have half an eye on Gio's but it looks a little out of the way on the maps (on the Jewel in march), and looking for reviews on this as well.

We just toured as much of the island as we could on our first trip.Had lunch at Half Moon Bay resort on West End, really good, went to Tabyana beach for a while, caught a water taxi just for a ride, paid the guy $12 for about a 40 min ride. Second trip to Roatan we went to the untraveled east end, Punta Gorda, Oakridge, got a local to take us on a mangrove tour boat ride. If you go to Roatan more than once you should visit the east end..Photos are from there.[/font

SANY1885.jpg

photo hosting

SANY1868.jpg

online photo storage

SANY1875.jpg

free image hosting

SANY1865.jpg

image upload

SANY1878.jpg

pc screenshot

This is at the famous Hole in the Wall restaurant reached by boat only.. I suppose it is still open..Wanted to mention on our next two trips to Roatan we just went to West bay beach and then did a little shopping near the ship..Harbor security guy, my friend Larry Gale took us for a ride in his boat also

SANY1882.jpg

free upload pictures

SANY1919.jpg

screenshot software

SANY1921.jpg

how to use print screen

SANY1909.jpg

picture sharing

Edited by overthehillcruiser

We used Victor last year. We went to their zipline, toured their animals, then went to the beach on the west end and snorkeled. We used them 5 yrs ago and did similar things. That time we went to a small bay area town and snorkeled. not as good of snorkeling but a neat little dirt road town to walk around.

We just toured as much of the island as we could on our first trip.Had lunch at Half Moon Bay resort on West End, really good, went to Tabyana beach for a while, caught a water taxi just for a ride, paid the guy $12 for about a 40 min ride. Second trip to Roatan we went to the untraveled east end, Punta Gorda, Oakridge, got a local to take us on a mangrove tour boat ride. If you go to Roatan more than once you should visit the east end..Photos are from there.[/font

Did Victor's tour guide just take you to where you could catch a water taxi? I also love the idea of touring the mangroves. Was the boat hard to get in and out of?

We got a water taxi @Tabyana, where our driver took us and waited..It was a nice ride, stopped and picked up a couple of passengers on the way. The mangrove tour we did with a local, Captain Alex, that our driver knew at Oakridge which is the opposite direction from West End..I think we paid $15 PP for a nice long ride, stopping at Hole in the Wall for a cool one.The boat is not hard to get in. Photo of Captain Alex and a better photo of one of the boats..

Did Victor's tour guide just take you to where you could catch a water taxi? I also love the idea of touring the mangroves. Was the boat hard to get in and out of?

SANY1883.jpg

screenshot

SANY1879.jpg

photo hosting sites