Earliest flight time out from Ft Lauderdale, when arriving by cruise at Port of Miami

Sunsetters

No way would I schedule a plane that early but before you do I would look to see if any ships are in port at Port Everglades.

If a couple of ships are in, the airport lines will be overwhelming. I have been in a 20 minutes baggage line and 45 minutes in security at FLL because 6000 other cruisers are headed home.

Same here - I've experienced what FLL is like with a huge number of ships between FLL and MIA. I think there were 11 ships total which is common for winter weekends. Security was over an hour and wound all through the airport. I was glad we had a 2pm flight on that one.

The other thing to consider is traffic on the way to FLL from Mia. An accident on the freeway and what's normally a 30-45 minute ride becomes well over an hour also.

• 7 months later...

HI Iltcoc ... I am interested in what you used for transportation to the airport. I am arriving into Fll and have a 10 flight out of Miami... just have to make the flight, is it possible?

I wouldn't book a flight before 1pm. The airport is a madhouse on cruise days. Long line to check in, and then another long line to clear security. Last time I had a 1pm flight, and it was hectic enough. I am a nervous nellie when it comes to air travel though, so jmo.

HI Iltcoc ... I am interested in what you used for transportation to the airport. I am arriving into Fll and have a 10 flight out of Miami... just have to make the flight, is it possible?

Your luggage will need to be checked in by 9am.

What ship are you on-- some dont dock til 8

you will need to be off your ship by 7:30am-- some ships have not even cleared yet.

a 10am flight is way too early when you need to travel from FLL to Mia

way too stressful.

Look at Share a ride but this puts you at the mercy of the driver-- who will be picking up other passengers. (not worth the wait)

book your private car service

Edited by serene56