Nice Beach hotel

kely53

Hi. I've decided to book a pre cruise hotel for my daughter/bf for a cruise leaving Port Everglades in early Feb. She has booked a hotel but the reviews are not great and I want them to have a nice start for their vacation. I have read several threads and know there are many selections. What I am looking for is a nice beach hotel in an area where they can walk to things (restaurants, shops, etc.), nightlife at the hotel or nearby, fairly close to the cruise terminal. Thoughts on Bahia Mar, Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort? Under $300. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Royalcruz has given you the best choices. I have stayed at the Ritz and the Courtyard on the Beach. I think the Ritz (which is fabulous) will probably price out too high. The Courtyard was great for what you pay and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Feb will be high but if $300 is your budget most of those mentioned will fit.

The least expensive will probably be Bahia Mar. THere are 3 levels of rooms there. The highest cost is the "tower" rooms which offer nice views of the ocean and/or marina. THe middle category are the marina view rooms. The sit right on the marina and its boat traffic. THe lowest level is courtyard level. We have stayed here once and have another stay coming. We like the location, across the street from the beach (walkway over road), 3 min walk to good water taxi stop, 3 min walk to Bahia Cabana very casual bar/restaurant on marina, on trolley route to Harbor shops for last min. wine pickup or whatever, nice walk along the beach to other restaurants....

It's not the Ritz or Westin. But it's a place I'd put my daughter and fiance in for a precrusie stay.

Edited by eandj