Olympic Celebration onboard?

unc1acc

I know it's a random question but I'll be sailing on the Fantasy, February 6th and the Opening Ceremonies for the 2014 Winter Games will take place the following night.

Has anyone ever been onboard and know if they show or do anything special for the Olympics? The rarity (every two years) is not as common as say the Super Bowl, Final Four, so there might not be as many people that know the answer.

I sent a note to John Heald through his blog (which isn't updated) and haven't seen a response and I'm not surprised by that as I'm sure he receives tons of questions.

Thanks in advance! Excited about my first trip on the Fantasy. Living in NC, this is going to be very convenient.

We were on the Magic for the opening ceremonies of the summer Olympics two years ago and they had a big party on the Lido. They gave out a lot of red, white and blue stuff and had the ceremonies on the big screen. I did not stay long to see what else they did, but it was a nice touch.

I was also wondering if they would be doing anything special for the Opening Ceremonies. I will be getting on the Sunshine Feb 2. Lots of people talking about the superbowl party but have not heard much about the Olympics. Both on the same cruise! Could be a fun time.

I was also wondering if they would be doing anything special for the Opening Ceremonies. I will be getting on the Sunshine Feb 2. Lots of people talking about the superbowl party but have not heard much about the Olympics. Both on the same cruise! Could be a fun time.

Same here - not as much interested in the superbowl festivities but REALLY hope they do something for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. :)

I asked John Heald. I won't be on during the opening ceremonies. We board the Pride on the 9th and there is no outdoor theatre. He said that many events will be shown in the sports bar, and that my 9 year old is allowed in to watch.

In case anyone isn't aware, the reason JH hasn't updated his blog is that his father passed away unexpectedly and he has been mourning and dealing with the red tape that comes after a family death.